Chapter 27

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

MATURE CONTENT

ANGER SOURED THROUGH ME, he knew how kinda hearted Althea was and took advantage of that. He made her believe his lies, I ran out of the restaurant so I could have some time to think. It wasn't the most logical thing to do but I did it.

I ended up at some bar drinking water since I had to drive, though I yearned for something stronger. 

"Hey, baby..." A middle-aged woman who smelled of men's cologne came next to me, "Why are you looking all sad? I can make your day better for only a few bucks" She gripped my arm and I shook her off ignoring her. 

This somehow turned her on, even more, she came closer her breasts now in my line of vision.

"I'm a minor" I pulled a fake smile on my face and she huffed, "Really?" 

"No" I stepped off the stool and entered back into the pouring rain, My phone kept ringing until I had turned it off. I needed to take care of my feelings. I was bound to snap someone and I don't want that person to be Althea. She'd be okay for a few hours without me, even though it hurt. 

 ──── · ☆: *.☽ .*:☆゚.────   

I had walked back to my dorm last night and instantly crashed on my bed out of exhaustion, I felt well-rested and the throbbing of my head came down. Now Thea could be able to explain everything to me without me storming out. 

I showered and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie, I turned on my phone again and checked my voicemails. About 10 of them were Altheas and my eyes stung before I rubbed them. I listened to the latest one.

I-I t-think I'm having a panic attack...please help me...I know you're mad at me but...please I n-need you

The click of my phone brought me back to life, I quickly slipped on the first pair of shoes I saw and raced out the door. 

Fuck...I stressed her out to the point where she had a panic attack. Most people looked weirdly at me but I didn't pay attention to them. I nearly slipped many times but I didn't care. I needed to get to Althea. I wouldn't and would never forgive myself if something happened to her. She needed me and I wasn't there. 

I couldn't lose another person that I loved. I reached her new dormitory building and pressed the elevator repeatedly hoping it would go faster. I entered it and pressed the second floor, once those doors open I ran to her door and banged on it. 

Please let her be okay...please tell me she's okay. 

The door opened slowly and her bright red eyes are what I attached my eyes to first, I pulled her limp arm and pulled her to my chest where she instantly started sobbing uncontrollably,