Chapter 20

❝If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love❞ - Princess Diana

Cut Off For Life

I WOKE UP THE next day with my father sitting in the same chair snoring, I drove a pillow at his face and he jumped.

"Go home dad, you deserve an actual bed, not some flimsy hospital chair" I stretched my aching legs before throwing them off the bed and letting them hang on the side of it. My father yawned before coming to kiss my forehead. "Are you going to be alright?"

"Yes, dad" I gave him a small smile, he grabbed his coat and left. I pressed the remote to call a nurse, my favorite nurse, Beatris, enters my room. 

"How are you doing darling?" Her curvy, dark skin figure enters the room.  

"A little better now that you're here Tris" I beam brightly at her, and she responds with a burst of heartwarming laughter. 

"You are just something else sweetheart, I talked to Doctor Taylor and he said you could be possibly discharged tomorrow" She grabs my hands and helps me to the bathroom, I brush my teeth and she leaves to let me shower. I remove the lightweight gown and get into the glass shower. I hold onto the metal bar stabilizing my legs before letting go. My dad had brought me my shampoo and conditioner so I let the water run through my hair. I squeezed a ton of shampoo on my hands and ran it through my wet curls doing the same with the conditioner after. Once I was done I wrapped a robe on my after drying myself with a towel.

A new set of clothes was placed on my bed left by Tris, I tied the knot at the back of the gown and laid on my bed, I grabbed the journal I got from the gift shop and began to write in it, 

11/13/26 

It has almost been two weeks since my accident and I have yet to tell my parents how it actually happened. Mama would just dismiss it since she's busy planning the yearly thanksgiving gala, she doesn't even have time to visit her daughter that's in the hospital, why would she even care if a car was following me and ended up being the same car that crashed into me. She has better things to do.         

A knock at the door stops my writing, I close the journal when I look up, The same head of black curly hair and very attractive face enters my room and a smile makes way onto my face.    

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asks sitting down in the hospital chair, "Good but my legs feel a bit sore, the doctor said I could be discharged tomorrow"

I look back at him and see his eyes giving the bedsheet an intense glare, "Cardan?" He snaps up and I raise an eyebrow "Penny for your thoughts?" I laugh to cover my nervousness.

Am I really that boring that he zoned out seconds of being with me? I begin to feel self-conscience before he replies, "Make it a dollar and they're all yours"