Chapter 2

Group Campus Adventures

❝ Loving you is wrong, so I don't to be right ❞

HEARTBREAK SUCKS ESPECIALLY when you're grieving over someone that isn't gone or dead. Our past friend group consisted of 4. Now, 3 after they heard what Brit had done. There's Lilith, a 5'11 Asian with silky black hair in a shoulder-length bob, the perfect nose, sharp eyebrows. Just put her in full black and a gun and she would have the full badass "assassin" look if you ask me. Then there's Rita or as we call her Ritz, She has perfect wavy ginger hair with curled bangs framing the front of her face, freckles coating her nose and cheeks, and has the ability to turn red if a hot boy (or girl) even accidentally touches her shoulder.

"ALTHEA GIA CARTER, GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE," My mother screams as I tumble downstairs with my suitcases. The school is about 4 hours away, the campus is beautiful. Almost all families in this neighborhood are sending their children to Grim. That's why we all know each other, we all went to the same schools growing up. But it all until a matter of time where half of us move out of here to start a life of our own.

In all truth, I love it here, but it gets exhausting answering the same questions and hearing the same things.

"Is your hair real or is it weave?"

"I wish I had tan skin like yours"

"Don't worry I'm an ally, I like black people"

"Am I invited to the cookout?"

It's not like I'm special, yet I get treated as such. I just have a darker skin complexion and good genes. I guess that's what happens when the neighborhood you reside in has the majority of white people who haven't seen a bottle of seasoning in their lifetime.

"OKAY OKAY! I'm going!"

I arrived downstairs with my curls in a puff at the back of my head trying to cool down after packing and stuffing reasonable clothes for the 10 months, not including the holidays I'm going to be spending at Grim. I'm still not over the fact that I got cheated on, that wound is still fresh. But I'm not going to wait around sulking, more because I go on campus today.

"Before you go I'm gonna need confirmation of our rules Hija" (Daughter) My mother says grabbing my face to make me face her warm eyes.

A few days before the party I and my parents had a conversation about "Rules" when I go to college. My mother has spruced them up a bit after hearing what happened at the party though.

1. Focus on all your classes or some privileges will be revoked.

2. Don't change, just to fit in.

3. Have fun and live while you can.

After she repeated the rules I said " Si mama I will" (Yes Mother)

Then the family dog; Pia and Cass come up to me I ruffle his hair which makes the 2 year old toddler giggle I pick him up and put kisses all over his face which makes him laugh even harder.