Chapter 24

❝ Because it's always 1 step forward and 3 steps back ❞

So You Guys Are Dating Now?

EVER SINCE I HEARD THOSE four words I've felt like I'm on top of the moon.

I love you too

But now that was about to end, our little not-so-secret weekend getaway was ruined by Nicki and her racist ways...until she found out who Thea's mother was at least. From then on she took every opportunity to get on Thea's good side making her uncomfortable.

We were now watching Divergent on the floor with Thea sitting her back on my chest scrolling through Instagram and I swear everything she does makes my heart explode, she skips every picture with a shirtless guy in it and removed all the guys in her dm's saying she was beautiful or even one said 'Daum mama give me those digits' we had a good laugh with that one.

But we couldn't do anything 'indecent' due to Nicki and Finn being a couch away but I would put kisses on her head from time to time and she would caress the back of my hand in return.

I was so into my thoughts that I hadn't noticed when Thea left to go get the chocolate-covered strawberries that we had made earlier.

"Want some?" She asked Finn and Nicki, another thing that I loved about her. Even after what had happened yesterday she went easy on Nicki, hoping to see the good in her obviously.

"Thank you, Althea" Finn reached and grabbed one out of the bowl biting into it, "Thea is just fine" She smiled at him and returned to my chest biting into her own strawberry.

"I don't get one?" I pouted, and she looked at me with mischief in her eyes.

"Oh, my bad! Here you go!" She pulled the smallest one out of the bowl.

"That's for me?"

"I mean....yeah" Finn snorted and played it off as a cough. I bit back a smile and she looked delighted with my reaction, she put the strawberry back into the bowl and took a larger one out.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me for that bad joke" She pleaded and stuffed the strawberry in my mouth, I laughed and kissed her forehead when I finished eating it.

"Theo James is so hot right?" She whispers and looks up at me smirking, my jaw clenches and my grip on her waist tightens.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes.

"I love you not him, yes he's attractive but I'm not obsessed or in love with him like I am with you" She reassures me, now talking seriously. 

"Mhm...we need to pack up, We skipped today and we can't skip tomorrow, I won't allow it"

"Alright" Thea spoke and stood up and she followed me to the room.

We soon finished packing some clothes and Thea took a shower. It was approaching night and I was now loading the car. Finn and Nicki had already left earlier. Finn claiming he had work to catch up on.