Chapter 26

❝ We were born in a world with no dead ends ❞

Friendship or Neglect? 

WARNING: PANIC ATTACK

!! I've never experienced a panic attack but everyone is different! I'm sorry if this isn't accurate !!

I INSTANTLY FREEZE, I only know one person who's 1, In prison and 2, Willing to talk to me. I press 1 on the number pad and a deep "Hello Althea" I gulp nervously. 

"Who is this?" I speak knowing damn well who it is, I fix the maroon-colored beanie on my head the wind blowing my hair. 

"You know who I am, dear" I flinch at the tone of his voice, "Why are calling me? I have nothing to say to you Mr.Reyes" I replied. 

"You killed the mother of the man I love, I don't ever want to speak to you"

"It wasn't me, Althea, I was in a vulnerable place that night and it was staged"

I chilled even colder and I blinked a few times before responding, "Why should I believe you? And why are you telling me?" 

"You seem like the only person who would believe me Althea, and tell me, would Cardan believe me if I said I didn't kill his mother? Believe it or not, I loved her...I was just going through some things" 

I pondered for a moment, my heartbeat was going so fast I don't know how I didn't pass out of this plain street, "If it wasn't you then who was it? Huh? Because you seem hellbent on saying it wasn't you, do you have any proof?" 

"I'm in prison Preciosa, how the hell would I get proof in a maximum-security prison?"  I groaned, he made reason. (Precious)

"Look I'll call back, but no promises" I hung up and let out a heavy breath. I looked at the time and saw I was 10 minutes late. I rushed to the restaurant and entered. I immediately met his eyes and he lit up. I smiled a bit smaller than usual due to the conversation I had a few minutes ago with his father. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late" I slid into the booth. His eyebrows furrowed in concern and I decided to spill the beans. Good communication is important, right?  

"Your father called me from prison..." I muttered not meeting his gaze.

"What the hell did he tell you?" This was exactly what I was afraid of, I look around the restaurant to see if anyone heard him and in return, he slammed his hand against the table trying to get my attention. 

"He told me that he wasn't the one that did it, the murder. He told me he didn't do it...that it was staged and he was framed" I met his eyes full of rage, he instantly dropped 50 bucks on the table and ran out of the restaurant. I said sorry to the waitress that was heading to serve us and ran after him.