Chapter 1

New Beginnings

❝  If your heart was a prison, I would like to be sentenced to life ❞Status: [EDITED]

Status: [EDITED]

IN THE SUMMER after freshman year in college, I distinctively "glowed up" I suppose, Even though all I did was show off my natural curls after a few months of heat damage, wore push-up bras more often, and learned to get used to the sticky feel of lipstick on my lips. Because of this glow-up, I got a boyfriend, Hunt or Hunter Morello. A Junior at the college I'm now a Sophomore at, He's one of the "Popular" people. Most likely because he likes to party, drink, and get along with everyone who crosses his path at Grim. I have seen him be too friendly to some of the girls here but he loves me and has told me with a genuine passion in his voice so I don't think he'd ever cheat on me with another girl.

Suddenly my train of thought was interrupted by my ringtone. Since I had just finished washing my hair I walk to my nightstand where I had plugged my phone and put it on. The name " Brit Brit" or Britnelle my best friend came upon and I swiped the green button. I walked back to the bathroom and put a towel on my head while putting Brit on speaker.

"WHAT'S UP BITCH!!" I heard Brit's high voice as soon as I answered the call.

"Nothing much, Why'd you call Brit?" I replied while setting up my products on the counter to use.

"So you know Zaya Miller right?" I thought for a second and answered with a little "mmhm" letting her know I knew who she was. Zaya Miller was one of the humblest girls you could ever meet. I don't know her on a personal level but we take a few classes together. Not to mention she had an impeccable sense of style and a new color of bright hair every other month.   

"Well, she's having a party tonight to celebrate before going back to school and we're going tonight whether you want to or not" Brit elaborates excitedly. I'm not really a party person. Like at all. I'd rather dress down and read books that make me have mental breakdowns after reading them, practice my shooting at the local soccer field, or recently I found a pottery wheel on amazon and have been spending time on that making bowls and mugs for my family.

" I don't know Brit..."  I started just to get interrupted. " You are NOT backing out of this Thea, I won't let you! I'm coming over later to help you pick out your outfit." And that's the last thing I hear before my music comes back onto the speaker in my medium-sized bathroom and I continue with my hair routine.

═════ ◈ ═════ 

As promised, Britnelle did come over at 5:30 pm to help me with my outfit, She went through my entire walk-in closet. Curtesy of being the famous fashion designer Alia Martinelli's daughter. It's not like I was ungrateful, I was extremely grateful for all I had. I had the perfect room specifically designed for me when I turned 17 as a gift, A closet full of designer shoes and clothes that would cost a lifetime of a normal civilian's salary, and being able to go to one of the most prestigious schools in the suburbs of New York; Grimson Smith College or Grim.