Chapter 5

❝ For whether we are white or copper-skinned ❞ - Pocahontas 

Girls Night Gone Wrong? 

"FAVORITE DISNEY PRINCESS?" Zaya blurted out, we decided after three weeks of exhaustion, homework, getting up early for class, and whatnot, that we deserved a girls' night. So now we were all playing Rapid Fire questions as a time passer while Lilith comes back up with our Uber eats from downstairs. 

"Definitely Pocahontas, I could have Colors of the wind on repeat for the rest of my life, " I replied while painting Ritzs' nails white.  

"Mine is Merida, she's the only Disney princess that doesn't leave or betray their family just for some dick," Zaya exclaimed while getting a can of coke from the mini-fridge in the corner of our dorm room.  

Speaking of Zaya, she has been the best roommate, she has good music taste, she's neat and the best part about her is that she does art. She even made a portrait of me and gave it to me as a present. Which now I deeply cherish every time I look upon my wall. 

"That may be true but John Smith is hot, he may be a colonizer but he's one hot son of a gun" Ritz rebutted while putting her nails in front of the nail drying fan. Then we heard a knock on the door and I got up to answer it and there stood Lilith with our Pizza boxes, cups, two bottles of soda, and a naked juice for Zaya.

"I got the goodies bitches!" She walked in while holding up the pizza boxes and puts them on my clean desk. 

"No fair, I have to dry my nails," Ritz said as a huge frown appeared on her face, "I told you to wait until we ate but you wanted your 'white flame nails' didn't you," I mocked her with a smirk on my face making her frown deepen and give me a playful glare. 

I then put two slices on a paper plate and went to my phone and put 'Single Ladies' by Queen B, I couldn't help but do the choreography that I had learned in 6th grade that consisted of a lot of ass shaking that now I had just realized. I wasn't a shy girl at all, sure I had my moments here and there but that was around people I wasn't comfortable with. So when Lilith started recording I paid no mind because I thought it was only for her to see, only to find it posted on her Instagram story. I may have playfully fought with her about it but soon got over it. It couldn't cause any harm, would it? 

After eating we inevitably gossiped about campus couples and whatever our minds could come to. 

"You remember that video of the fight that someone posted?" Lilith said while now focusing on Zaya painting her nails while I drank some soda and scrolled on Instagram. "Did you guys recognize or see the guy holding Thea back? He just added me on Instagram after watching my story" 

My head instantly perks up at the memory of the dark aquamarine-eyed man that had possibly saved me a lifetime of embarrassment. 

"I never got his name nor did I recognize him" I frowned slightly remembering the night I had gotten heartbroken but ever since then I couldn't stop thinking about him and the way his hands went around my waist so effortlessly and the sparks in my lower stomach while my back was pressed against his hard abs.