Chapter 4

This chapter will include the party from Cardan's POV!

!DISCLAIMER! - Abuse

First Row to Betrayal

❝ What's a heart if it's never been broken? ❞ - Cardan

"SHUT UP BOY! IM THE MAN IN THIS HOUSE" he shouted at me while my mother sat there with a healing bruise on her face holding my sister with a fresh gash on her face behind her. I may be only 13 and my mother says to never stand up to him because it'll just cause more trouble but when he attacked my innocent little sister that's where I collapsed and decided to try and deal with my biggest terror of the night. 

"I DO WHATEVER I WANT TO THEM YOU HEAR ME?" He grabs my hair and throws me against a wall and places a tight hand around my throat while my mother wails and screams for him to stop and I take it emotionless as I've repeatedly taught myself to do. "No one can stop me, especially not a worthless and weak boy like you. God, you're such a disappointment."  He continues while passing a hand through his salt and pepper hair.  

Don't let him break you...

Don't let him see you weak...

Don't show your feelings.

I chant in my head as he takes another swing out of the vodka bottle and sets it down with a slam that my mother and sister flinch. But I stand still and watch my father with burning rage coursing through my veins and clenched fists.  

"Next time you decide to protect this ridiculous woman and her incompetent daughter, I will end you. YOU HEAR ME?"  Pointing at my hysterical mother with the half empty vodka bottle in hand again. 

"Mi aspetto che la cena sia pronta quando torno, non farmi arrabbiare ancora, o giuro su Dio che farò molto peggio di quella brutta cicatrice sul tuo viso" He screams at my mother in Italian to which she responds with a quick nod and guides me and my sister to our rooms. She kisses our foreheads, tells us a few encouraging words, and races to the kitchen to start dinner before he comes back. (I expect dinner to be ready when I return, don't make me even madder, or I swear to god I'll do much worse than that ugly scar on your face)

I stay still laying in the bed until everything goes black and I go unconscious and I go into something we call sleep.

"Cardan! Cardan wake up! Per favore!" I hear a distant voice say and I instantly jerk up to a face full of cold sweat and my little sister on the bed with single tears running down her face and my grip tight on her wrist. I quickly release it and see her rubbing her wrist. My look was full of guilt and slight embarrassment that she had seen me this way. (Please)

I looked at the time finding out that it was 6:15 am, Since I was full of frustration and embarrassment I went and locked myself into the bathroom and started a burning hot shower to erase the memories and replace them with the feeling of the water scalding my pale body. But due to the thoughts clouding my mind I don't feel the warm tears rolling down my cheeks as I silently breakdown.