Chapter 11

❝To heal, you must stay awake from what hurt you❞

I WOKE UP AND brushed my teeth before I heard a knock on the door, I walked to the door shirtless and in normal blue flannel pajama pants that hung low to show a sliver of my Calvin Klein boxers. I opened the door and there stood a petite black-haired girl with green eyes identical to Chases'. She gawks at me before I raise an eyebrow and clear my throat.  

"Oh, my bad! I thought this was Chasen West's dorm" 

"Uhm, It is I'm his roommate" Now it was my turn to gawk at her, She was wearing a baby blue floral summer dress with some gray  

"Is he here?" She squeaks out, "No he isn't, If you don't mind me asking who are you?"

"Oh, where are my manners? I see an attractive guy and my brain goes haywire" She covers her mouth as if she had bitten her tongue. She laughs lightly before responding, "I'm Ellie his sister, or just Elle"

"I could call him to tell him you're here or would you rather wait for him?" I replied after a few seconds.

"You can just call him since I don't have his number and tell him I'll be waiting for him at the cafeteria" She smiles at me in appreciation. 

"Alright, I'll call him, Catch you later?" She nods and smiles at me before leaving, after she left I called Chase.

"What's up, bro!"

"Hey dude I just wanted to tell you that your sister came to the dorm looking for ya, she waiting for you in the cafeteria" 

"Oh right! I forgot she was supposed to meet Lorah today!"      

After that, he had hung up and I was left in the middle of my dorm room until my 12:30 literature class. I leaned against the door and a feeling of guilt came over me. Then it disappeared just as quickly. Thea and I weren't in a relationship, we were just friends and I had a tiny crush that will disappear. I can clearly see that Ellie is into me and that she could be the person I spend the rest of my life with.       

What's stopping me from going after her? 

✩──────────✩─────────✩

It was now 12:25 and I was racing the clock to get to class. Professor Cunningham wasn't one to mess with. He didn't accept tardiness, he says it wouldn't be accepted in the real world either. Thankfully I arrived on time and didn't get assigned extra work, I had enough as it is. 

"Welcome back to Lit 101...we will be discussing the well-known Romeo and Juliet, written by the one and only Shakespeare" Professor Cunningham started as the students groaned.