He shook his hand "Can you give us a minute, I want to have a word with Miss Ireti" He said seriously.

The guy nodded sharply and gathered his laptop and papers in his arms and scurried off. He was there to learn how she was able to process that export permit in a day.

Dare pulled out a chair and sat down as the guy opened the door to leave and as soon as the door clicked shut. He started;

"Sofi?" His tone changed from serious to somber "Look, I know I said it was cool the other day you ...." He paused, and then sighed. "It's not cool, I am not okay. I only said that because, I was Angry and I didn't want to say anything I'd end up regretting to you. What is going on?"

"What do you mean?" She eyed him coolly.

"You went from being..." He looked like he was struggling to define what they had. See! Means he was just catching cruise with her. Then he smiled. "Wait, am I being ghosted right now? Is this what you people call....ghosting?" He said.

She got angry when she saw that he was trying to make her look bad when he is the one with a Girlfriend!...that he is cheating on. He must think she is an idiot. She decided to play his game too by acting like she didnt know anything. She's not going to open up this discussion to give him the opportunity to try and convince her to sleep with him again.

Her heart was already doing backflips for him again just by seeing him here like this, despite all the 'focus' pep talk she gave herself over the weekend. She wanted him to leave her office before she'll start kissing him again. Maybe he is the one that has jazzed her sef.

"I made a mistake, I don't want this anymore," She said firmly to him and he nodded.

"Did I do something wrong?" He smiled again and her heart started thawing on the edges because of that rare gorgeous smile of his. And for a second she wanted to talk to him, she wanted him to say there was no other girl or that he would leave blue haired girl for her, she was ready to listen to his sweet lies again, but she remembered that it was more than that at this point. She should not even have an affair with him.

Chief and Amanda will be back in town soon, her job is much more important than whatever this is.

This, will definitely end in premium tears either way. He is a northerner, from an elite family, they've probably picked out his wife for him already.

Also, what if Chief has plans of match making him with Yinka? Who wouldn't want such a fine man like Dare as a son in law. There is no need to chase anything here Sofi, it's not worth it let it go.

She answered his question.

"No, its not you....." She paused when she realized she was using the cliché breakup line that assholes use. He on the other hand started chuckling when she said it. He looked like he didn't believe her, like she was joking and she got slightly irritated again, does he think he is too big for her to dump.

"I don't want to continue this, please respect my wishes," She said and he nodded.

"You need to leave my office now, I have a meeting," She pointed at some of Amanda's Staff that were waiting outside her office. When he saw them, he stood up too and left without saying another word to her.

Dare's POV.

At first, he was mad pissed. Like is she bipolar or what? How do you just wake up and just end things without any warning or explanation. He tried cancelling her in his head because he couldn't keep up with this her hot and cold attitude. He started feeling like she genuinely didn't want to be with him.