Chapter 31

-Hinata's POV-

The next day, Friday, we relaxed as much as possible. The only thing we had to do was try on the outfits Ino and Karin had picked out for us. Since they knew all of our measurements, they arrived already tailored to fit.

All of us thought it'd be nice to bring dates to Masquerade, but both Tenten and Kakashi advised against it. This was our first red carpet event since debuting. I couldn't help but agree that we should just go as a group to avoid any misunderstandings with our new fans. Sakura was the only one who was truly annoyed about it because she wanted to bring Sasori. The rest of us didn't mind.

Sasuke doesn't go public with any of the women he sleeps with so he'd never bring one to an event like that and Gaara said he'd just ask his sister if he had to bring someone. Kiba and I were also way too new so I was nervous to ask him to make a choice like that, appearing in public with me.

On Saturday afternoon, Tenten and Ino left us early so they could prepare since they're the hosts for the event. Karin wasn't going to be there because she had some family things to deal with, but wished us luck.

Rather than have us go to a salon, Kakashi had hair and makeup artists come to our dorms.

My hair was put into romantic waves and I was relieved that my makeup was more subdued than how it'd been in the "Familiar" music video. It still looked a million times better than it does when I usually do it, though.

Sakura's long hair was in a detailed french braid down her back with little curled strands framing her face. She looked like a fairytale elf or something. All she was missing was the pointy ears. Her dress was a matte black and resembled a corset. It was sheer everywhere below her upper thighs. The thin cloth flowed down around her feet like flower petals, just adding to the ethereal look she was portraying. Somehow, the rather revealing outfit came off as extremely classy and suited her body type very well.

My dress was also black, but it had more of a classic ballgown shape. Thin straps held the top up and layers of tulle flowed at different lengths to the floor to create a bit of volume. It was a bit more low cut in both the front and back than I was used to, but it was tailored perfectly so there wouldn't be any chances of an accident happening so I was fine with it.

The boys were both given tuxedos. They didn't want to just wear a normal outfit and blend into the background so Karin and Ino helped them find little ways to differ from the others. Sasuke's jacket was longer and a bit more edgy than the average one while Gaara was going to have a black shirt rather than a white one.

Since we didn't want to steal the attention from the wonderful clothing we'd been given, we all opted to wear simple, matching, black masquerade masks. All in all, our outfits would look great separately, but also appear cohesive when we eventually stand together.