Package Deal

Short chapter but felt like I needed it.

***

"Relax," Heather advised. "My brother just got engaged and he wants me to meet his new fiancé. She lives a few hours away, so I'm going to visit them. I'll be back in a week tops."

"You better be."

"I'm just a call away if you need me."

***

Hiccup, Astrid, and Fishlegs were sat in the boy's dorm room, working on sketches for Hiccup's dragon movie. It had been so long that Astrid insisted on helping.

Hiccup was designing the cove. Fishlegs was working on names for both dragons and Vikings. While Astrid was sketching a dragon design for Barf and Belch.

"What do you think?" Astrid asked as she did her sketchbook in front of Hiccup.

"Wow, looks great." He said. "They look a lot like Raincutter's though."

"Good point." Astrid sighed. "I'm gonna go for a walk. Maybe something with trigger some inspiration."

"Need me to come with?" Hiccup asked.

"Nah, I'll be fine. You guys carry on." She waved.

"Got your watch?"

"Yup." She showed him.

***

Knock Knock.

"Astrid? What are you doing here?" Ruffnut asked as she opened the door to her room. "Need us to spy on Hiccup again?"

"Did someone mention something about spying on Hiccup?" Tuffnut interjected.

"No more spying," Astrid said. "I actually came to talk to Ruff. I realized that we haven't really talked much. I just thought we could have some girl time."

"Sorry, no can do. We have to prepare for tomorrow." Ruff declined. "March 31st. Best day of the year!"

"Loki day?" Astrid smirked.

"Loki day!" The twins cheered.

"Wait a minute? How do you know about Loki day?" Ruffnut wondered.

"Of course I know about Loki day." She replied. "So, what are you planning?"

"You wanna help?" Tuff asked.

"Sure."

"Can it be possible?" Ruffnut gasped. "Is Astrid coming over to our side?"

"Oh, Loki! Please let it be so!" Tuffnut prayed.

Astrid chuckled.

After hours of prank planning. They finally took a break.

"So, you guys share a dorm?" Astrid wondered. "Is that even allowed?"

"Technically no," Ruff admitted.

"We may or may not have signed me up as a girl."

"What, why?" Astrid chuckled.

"We couldn't decide how to split up our stuff," Tuff said.

"You guys don't have your own stuff?"

"Why would we, we're twins. We share everything. Like our bowl." Ruff stated.

"Or our spoon," Tuff added.

"You guys don't have ANYTHING to yourself?"

"Except Fluffers." Ruff gestured to the stuffed toy in the shape of a yak, sitting on her bed.

"And Macey." The male twin added.

"And Barf and Belch?" She asked.

"Well, technically they belong to both of us. And they never leave each other's side anyway." Ruffnut explained.

"Yeah, I mean, they might as well be attached." Tuffnut chuckled. "Just like us."

"Huh." Astrid thought for a moment. "Tuff, that's brilliant!"

"It is?" He wondered. "I mean, of course, it is." He looked around. "What's brilliant?"

"Never mind." Astrid hopped up. "I'll meet you guys tomorrow."

***

"Hey, Astrid." Hiccup called not looking up from his book as she made her way back over to the desk. "So, did you get the inspiration you were looking for?"

"I think so." She mentioned as she began a brand new sketch.

Once she was satisfied with it, she slid her book in front of Hiccup.

"What do you think?"

"Wow, a two-headed dragon? That's brilliant! How did you come up with that?!" Hiccup gasped.

"Tuffnut, actually." She admitted. "I went to see the twins, and it turns out that they share everything. Literally."

"It's perfect."

***