This can't be happening

"What do you mean wrong?!" Heather gasped as she jumped out of bed.

"I don't know. It feels-" Astrid let out a grunt as the pressure built up.

"Okay, just breathe." Heather calmed. "Everything's okay. It's probably just false labor."

"False labor?" Astrid questioned.

"It happens to a lot of women. It can feel a lot like labor but it's just getting you ready for giving birth." She explained. "But I'm gonna call the hospital just to be sure, okay?"

"Call Ethan," Astrid suggested. She really didn't trust doctors.

"Got it."

Heather called Ethan, who thankfully was on a break at work.

"Hey, Ethan. It's Heather. Hayden and Astrid's friend."

"Is everything okay?" Ethan asked.

"Somethings wrong with Astrid. Looks like false labor but I'm not sure." Heather mentioned.

"Has her water broke?"

"No." She said.

"But, she's having contractions?" He asked.

"Looks like it."

"Okay, what I need you to do is time them. Real contractions are regular. False contractions are random." He explained.

Heather spent the next few minutes timing them.

"Six minutes," Heather told Ethan.

"And they're consistent?" He asked.

"Yes." She told him.

"Okay, that definitely sounds like real labor." He told them.

"Heather!" Astrid gasped. Astrid suddenly gave a squeak of alarm, before rapidly ripping the covers off her body; her eyes staring down at the blankets underneath her, her eyes widening in terror.

"Her waters broke."

"Okay, I'm gonna send someone out to you, okay?" He told them. "Just tell her to keep breathing." He hung up the phone.

"I'm gonna call, Hiccup." She reassured.

No response.

"Heather, it's 2 am." Astrid rasped out. "He's not gonna answer."

"I'll try Fishlegs." She stated.

No response.

"Ugh. Boys!" Heather groaned.

"Call Ruff," Astrid suggested.

"How will that help?" Heather wondered.

"She can get Hiccup."

***

Heather called Ruffnut and much to her relief, the twins were awake plotting a scheme.

"Okay, Astrid. We should change the sheets and get you out of those clothes." Heather asked. "Do you think you can get up?" She asked.

Astrid shook her head ferociously.

"Okay." Heather sighed.

***

"Astrid?!" Hiccup gasped as he raced into the room, shortly followed by Fishlegs and the twins. "What is it? What's going on?

"Her water broke," Heather informed. "About ten minutes ago."

"What?!" Hiccup shrieked, grasping Astrid's hand. "It's way too early."

"How far along is she?" Fishlegs asked.