Training

In loving memory of Sam x Love and hugs to akosiJBDPG xxx

Hope you enjoy x

***

"Morning, Milady."

Astrid smiled as she opened the door to her auburn-haired boyfriend.

"I thought you were gonna meet me in class?" She smiled.

"I was." Hiccup admitted. "I changed my mind."

"You left the map here, didn't you?" She smirked.

"Okay, you got me." He sighed in defeat. "You nearly ready?" He asked.

"Just have to do my hair." She spun around and headed to the mirror.

"Hey, Heather." Hayden greeted. "Sleep well?"

"Very well, thank you Hiccup." She smiled.

Hiccup made his way over to his girlfriend, his arms snaked around her waist.

His finger touched her neck, and the hair as it was moved away nearly gave Astrid the chills. His hands went from the sides of her head and down to her neck, out to her shoulders, and down to her hands. Her heart began to pound against her chest. He grasped her hands gently yet firm, placed them in front of her, and paused. She felt safe, he spoke no words. Her heart was about to beat out of her chest and she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

He slowly began braiding her favorite knotted braid on the side of her head before scooping her remaining hair into a high ponytail.

"Hair tie." He held out his hand as she placed a brown elastic in his hand. He quickly tied up her hair, placing her leather band around her head. Heather was in love with how adorable their relationship was.

Hayden turned Astrid around and stared into her eyes, smiling contently. His two hands grabbed her left hand and placed her open palm on his heart, and he held it there. His eyes exuded love, protection, security, safety, patience, and respect. She smiled as he let go of her hands, with one hand he ran his fingers across her scar and down to her jawline and gently guided her face closer to his, eventually leaning her in to plant a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Ready?" He asked once again. Astrid tugged at his shirt, placing a firm kiss on his lips.

"I am now." She whispered.

***

"Morning, Recruits." Their teacher greeted. "My name's Gobber. Welcome to Animal Training. Today we are working with dogs."

"Yes!" Hayden cheered to himself.

"Today, I want to see how much you already know. You will each be working in pairs. You will have one hour to train your puppy." Gobber explained. "Hayden. You're with Justin. Astrid and Heather. Gary with Tyler."

"No can do, Teach." Tuffnut declined.

"Yeah, my brother and I, we're kinda a package deal," Ruffnut stated.

"Fine, Riley, Tyler, and Gary." He gave in. "Thor knows it won't make a difference." He whispered to himself. "Let's get started! The recruits that do best will win the honor of choosing the next animal we work with."

"You're going down," Astrid smirked mischievously at her boyfriend.

"We'll just see about that." He replied.