Not You Too

Short chapter, but important!

***

"Hey, Ethan." Hiccup excused himself from the current conversation to answer the phone. "What's up?"

Astrid joined him, to make sure all was okay. But when Hiccup's face dropped, she panicked. Hayden stood motionless with the phone slowly slipping from his hand. Astrid took it from him.

"Hey, Ethan. It's Astrid." She spoke. The riders all turned to the couple in curiosity.

'Is Hayden okay?' Ethan asked. Astrid waved her hand in front of Hiccup, who gave no response.

"I'm not sure. What's going on?" She asked.

'It's Stoick.'

"Say no more." She ended the call, hastily before grasping Hiccup's hand.

"Is everything okay?" Fishlegs wondered.

"It's his father," Astrid explained. " Heather, could you drive us to the Hospital?"

"Of course."

***

Fishlegs drove with Snotlout and the Twins while Heather took, Carter, Hiccup, and Astrid. Hiccup was still in a trance of sorts.

"Take a left at the next roundabout." Carter directed from the back seat as Heather wasn't too familiar with Berk.

"Thanks."

Astrid took a few deep breaths, rolling down the window to get some fresh air.

"Astrid? You okay?" Heather checked. "Need me to pull over?"

"I'm fine, Heather. Just keep going." She exhaled.

***

"Hayden, there you are." Ethan greeted as the teens rushed into the hospital.

"Where is he?" Hiccup finally spoke.

"He's upstairs. I'll take you up." Ethan explained. He turned to the nurse behind the desk. "Can you cover room two for me?"

***

The teens all walked upstairs, Carter volunteered to head back downstairs to wait for the others.

"DAD?!" Hayden raced to his father's side, while Astrid and Heather stay by the door.

"Son? What in Thor's name are you doing here?" Stoick wondered.

"What am I doing here?" Hiccup gasped. "Dad, you collapsed and are sitting in the hospital following a stroke asking why your son came to visit you?"

"Okay, fair point." Stoick sighed.

"Do you know what caused it?!"

"We're looking into it," Ethan explained. "Which reminds me. We need to take some bloods." He explained as he pulled out the required equipment.

Astrid was desperate to look away but couldn't seem to. Heather noticed her roommate wobbling ever so slightly. The blonde winced at the sight in front of her.

"Are you okay?" Heather asked.

"I'm fine. It's just a little needle. No big deal." Stoick chuckled.

"Uh, I didn't mean you-"

Astrid's world became a blur, colors meshing with other colors, and objects blending together. Her knees went weak... She was falling, falling and she couldn't stop.

"Not you too?!" Hayden gasped.

She hit something hard, but couldn't feel it, only hearing the sound of her body meeting the floor and her best friend and her boyfriend rushing to catch her. Her eyelids went heavy, and then, there was nothing. Silent darkness without thought or imaging, it was as if the world no longer existed.

Her eyes fluttered open as three vague shapes slowly drew back into focus.

"Hey, take it easy," Hayden suggested as she fought to lift herself off the ground.

"Mm, Fine." She tried to reassure.

"Maybe we should get you checked out, while we're here." Heather proposed. Astrid pulled herself up, using Hiccup to lean against.

"No, I'm fine." She fibbed. "I'm just tired."

"Astrid, you're not fine!" Hiccup scowled. "Whatever's going on with you today, it's getting worse."

"Hiccup, I'm fine." She repeated. "There are more pressing concerns right now." She gestured to her boyfriend's father across the room.

"Heather, do you have GPS on your phone?" Hiccup asked. The raven-haired teen nodded. Hayden rested Astrid against Heather before digging around in his pocket. "Here's the key to my house. 2208 Plaza avenue. She needs some rest. I'll meet you guys there in a little while. Just don't let Snotlout or the Twins touch anything. The rooms should all be locked, except the bathrooms."

"Okay, come on Blondie. Let's get you to bed." Heather chuckled.

Astrid was too tired to fight it.

***