Something's wrong

"There you are!" Hiccup exclaimed, rushing to the door as Astrid re-entered. "Where did you wander off to?" He asked.

Astrid pulled a pregnancy test discreetly from her hoodie pocket.

"I had to do something." She whispered.

"What's with all the secrecy?" Stoick called.

Astrid marched over to his hospital bed with a hint of a scowl on her face.

"Are you gonna do the biopsy?"

"I already told you, Lass. My mind is made up." Stoick repeated.

"Hiccup, can you give us a minute." Astrid requested. Hiccup was hesitant at first but soon obliged.

"Okay?"

"Stoick, Hiccup needs you. He needs you fit and he needs you alive. And I'm sure your wife does too."

"Astrid-"

"And so do I!" Astrid interrupted. Stoick gave her a confused look. She let out a sigh. "I know you're not my father. But, you have shown me more love than my father ever did. You treated me like I was part of the family from day one."

"Astrid..."

"But there's someone else who needs you too." She stated as she placed her test on his lap.

"Is this what I think it is?" Stoick wondered. Astrid nodded, apprehensively. "You're pregnant?" She nodded again.

"So, if you won't stay for Hiccup. And you won't stay for me. Stay for them." She turned to leave. But only for a moment to drag Hiccup back into the room.

"Everything okay in here?" Hayden wondered. Stoick held up the small item in his hand.

"Did you know about this?" His father asked. Hiccup nodded. "This isn't all a trick to get me to have the treatment is it?"

"Dad, what more proof do you need?" Hiccup gestured to the positive test.

"It just seems a little too good to be true." He thought.

"Hey guys, what did I miss?" Ethan asked as he came to check on Stoick. Hiccup glanced at Astrid awaiting her approval.

"Astrid's pregnant." Hiccup smiled.

"Congratulations." Ethan cheered. "Do you know how far along you are?"

"Three and a half weeks," Astrid informed.

"Have you made an appointment yet?" Ethan asked the young couple as he checked Stoick's IV medication.

"No!" Astrid scowled.

"Astrid," Hiccup turned her to face him. "I know you hate being in hospitals but you're gonna have appointments to check on the baby."

Astrid pouted at him adorably.

"I know, babe. But, it has to be done. I'll be with you all the time, I promise. How's...that?" Hiccup trailed off as he noticed Astrid's eyes lose contact with his. Her face turned pale as she battled to keep her eyes open. "Astrid?" He checked. The blonde blinked in an attempt to fight through the fog that clouded her vision. She started to wobble as her legs turned numb. "Ethan. Something's wrong!"

The blonde doctor raced to the scene, catching Astrid from behind as she dropped to the ground.

"Can I get some help in here please?!" He called, causing a female nurse to rush into the room. This time, she wasn't waking up quite as quickly. He checked her airways, she was breathing. He checked her pulse. It was a little fast, but not dangerously. "We need to get her onto the bed." He ordered. He and the female nurse carried her over to the bed on the opposite side of the room.

"Is she gonna be okay?!" Hayden panicked.

"She's gonna be fine, Hayden," Ethan reassured. "She just fainted. Has she ever fainted before? Other than yesterday?" Ethan asked as he began attaching wires to her chest and one on her finger, hooking her up to the monitors.

"No, just yesterday," Hayden informed. "I thought it was just because she hadn't been sleeping, but she slept fine last night."

"Has she been having any other symptoms that we should know about?" The female nurse asked.

"She's been sick on and off for about thirty-six hours. She had a headache yesterday when I got home and she's had some stomach cramps, I'm not sure how bad." Hiccup explained.

"Can we get some Isoflurane, please Wallis?" Ethan requested from the female nurse.

"What's that?" Hiccup wondered.

"It's an anesthetic. I'm gonna take some bloods and run a few tests, just to rule a few things out. I know she's not fond of hospitals. It's just gonna keep her asleep so that she doesn't work herself up." Ethan explained.

"What about the baby?" Hiccup panicked.

"The baby will be fine." He reassured. "Isoflurane is perfectly safe. Okay?"

"Okay." Hiccup agreed, giving Ethan permission to proceed.

***