So small

"Hey, Sleepy head." Hiccup whispered as Astrid began to stir. She tightened her grip on his hand to signal that she heard him. "How are you feeling?"

As hearing slowly decide to come back in full force, the first thing she noticed was the loud beeping, gradually turning her heard to where the sound was at slowly opening her eyes. Her eyes widened as she frantically tried to free herself.

Hiccup tried his best to keep her in bed. He found it a little too easy. But when he noticed her hands gripping the mattress on either side, it suddenly became clear as to why.

"Ethan!" Hiccup caught the doctors attention as he was checking the clipboard at the end of the bed.

The blonde man raced to her side and handed her a small dish.

"Hey, it's okay!" Hiccup reassured as he shuffled onto the bed beside her, gently rubbing circles on her back.

When she settled, she curled up in Hiccup's arms, burying her face deep in his shirt.

"I'll be right back." Ethan stated before heading out of the room.

Hiccup held his girlfriend tightly as he heard a gentle sob escape her lips.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm right here." He comforted, sweeping the bangs from her face. "You just fainted. You're gonna be fine."

"I wanna go home." She sobbed.

"I know you do. But, you need to stay here just a little bit longer. Okay?" Hiccup gave her an apologetic look.

"Okay, guys. We've received some of your test results." Ethan explained as he re joined the young couple.

"What tests?" Astrid wondered.

"You were asleep, honey." Hiccup told her. "What did you find?"

"You have a condition called toxemia. It's a form of high blood pressure in pregnant women. This explains your blackouts. But it doesn't explain the abdominal pain, so we're still looking into that for you. But I need to ask you a few questions. Is that okay?" He asked. Astrid nodded. "So, Hayden mentioned, severe nausea, abdominal pain and headaches, are there any other symptoms that we should know about?"

"I don't think so." She told him.

"She had a panic attack, yesterday. That's never happened before." Hiccup explained.

"Okay," Ethan jotted down some notes. "And the stomach pain, where abouts is it?" He asked.

Astrid pointed to the lower section of her abdomen.

"And is it a cramp or a sharp, shooting pain...?" He questioned.

"It's, sorta, like somethings, tearing." She explained.

"And on a scale of one to ten. When you were feeling this stomach pain, how bad would you say it was?"

"8."

Hiccup couldn't possibly feel worse than he did in that moment.

"Okay, I'm gonna go and talk to someone from the radiology team and try to get you in for an ultrasound, okay?"

Astrid shook her head, ferociously.

"Astrid, its just a scan. Nothing bad is gonna happen." Hiccup reassured.

"I don't care." She whined.

"Would you be more comfortable if I did it?" Ethan asked. Astrid looked towards her boyfriend, then back at the doctor, before nodding.

***

"Okay, so it's unlikely that we'll see the baby on the monitor, as it's still very early." Ethan explained.

"Then why are we doing it?" Astrid wondered.

"The tearing pain you mentioned could be caused by your internal wounds from the crash. So, if they aren't properly healed, then as the baby grows, it's going to stretch out those wounds. Now it is highly unlikely that it will cause any serious problems, but it will be very painful." Ethan explained. "So, we're just gonna check that they're all nice and closed up."

He started pouring a chilly blue gel over her stomach.

"Ah!" She shrieked in surprise.

"What?" Hiccup wondered.

"It's cold!" She giggled.

"How far along did you say you were?" Ethan questioned.

"Three and a half weeks." Hiccup explained. "Halloween."

"Okay, well you see, it sorta works a little differently. And it's calculated from the first day of your last cycle. Do you remember when that was?" Ethan asked.

"October 17th." Astrid informed.

"That looks about right. Because judging from what I can see over here, I would say you're a little closer to six weeks." Ethan turned the monitor revealing a small circle.

"It's so small." Hiccup smiled. "Like a little peanut."

Astrid chuckled.

"Like you." She smirked. Hiccup would had a comeback all ready for her, if he were focusing so intently on his unborn child.

"Baby looks nice and healthy."Ethan explained. "That's the good news..."

"There's bad news?" Hiccup worried.

***