Dance Flirting

"Sorry, Hiccup."

"Will you stop that! You have nothing to be sorry for." Hiccup said for the millionth time. The teens made it back to Astrid's dorm room.

"I just wasn't expecting to see him," Astrid explained.

"I know. It's okay." Hiccup said. "I'll tell you what. I'm gonna go and draw you a bath to help you relax, sound good?"

"Sounds perfect."

***

Astrid emerged from the bathroom just under an hour later, wrapped in a towel. Her long blonde hair, dripping over her shoulders.

"Wow, your hair is longer than I thought." Hiccup gazed. "You should have it straight more often."

"I just prefer wearing it up. It keeps it out of the way." She chuckled as she made her way to her dressing table. Hiccup followed soon after. "What have you been up to?" She wondered.

"I got started on those lists." He told her. "But, we don't have to talk about that now." He said as he plugged in her hairdryer.

"You know, I am capable of drying my own hair?" Astrid chuckled.

"I know."

***

A few weeks passed, Christmas was a blast. Sorry, Snoggletog.

Everyone had gone home for the holidays.

Heather and her brother had been invited to Justin's. Astrid, of course, was always welcome at the Haddock house.

Stoick was finally home and feeling much better in his familiar surroundings.

January 10th marked the twelfth week of Astrid's pregnancy. After the fiasco with her father, things seemed to calm down. The nausea hadn't eased even a little bit, but her panic attacks and blackouts were definitely getting easier to prevent. She'd only had two blackouts over the winter break.

But now it was time to head back to reality.

***

"Hey, Guys!" The group jumped off the floor of the clubhouse to envelop their friends in a hug. Hiccup instinctively jumped in front of Astrid, shielding her from the stampede of excitement.

"How was your Christmas?" Fishlegs asked, bouncing with excitement.

"It was great." Hiccup cheered. "Dad's back home. Everything was perfect. We even got dad a dog. You know? Someone to keep him company while we're not there."

"Aww, that's so sweet." Fishlegs cried.

"Hey, how was your appointment at the doctor's?" Heather wondered. "That was today? right?"

"All healthy," Astrid reassured. "He's a little on the small side. But, he's part Hiccup. So that was a given."

"Hey!" Hiccup defended. He let out a sigh. "Yeah, okay."

"So, he's a he?" Heather asked.

"We still don't know." Hiccup told her. "We decided to wait to find out."

"Yeah, me and Hiccup have a bet going," Astrid stated.

"You're betting on your baby?" Snotlout scoffed.

"Yup. Hiccup thinks it's a girl and I think it's a boy. Whoever wins, gets to name them." She explained.

"That's crazy. But, it could be a laugh." Heather admitted.

"So, have you thought of any names yet?" Ruffnut wondered.

"Tuffnut Jr!" Tuff cheered.

"No!" Hiccup and Astrid declined.