Loyalties

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

A few weeks passed and Christmas was a blast. Sorry, Snoggletog. But, Christmas was over and it was the first day back at school. Astrid was wearing a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a red plaid skirt, with a deep red shirt and brown jacket. Hayden wore dark jeans and a red shirt with a black jacket. Astrid was still wearing her boot, and hating it more and more every day.

Hiccup pulled up in his father's car.

"You know, you can drop me off at the front entrance, right?" Astrid chuckled.

"You sure?" He asked. She nodded.

"You're the one that suggested meeting outback, remember?"

"If you say so." He pulled into the parking lot.

Astrid spotted her 'friends' across the lot and hesitated. She took a glance in the side-view mirror but hastily turned away.

"Hiccup, I don't think I can do this?" Astrid sighed.

"You'll be fine, Astrid." He reassured.

"Hiccup, I look ridiculous."

"Astrid, how many times do we have to go over this?" Hiccup sighed. "You look beautiful."

"No, I don't!" She sobbed.

"Okay, Astrid. I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice." Hiccup reached into his backpack pulling out a rather shiny plastic object and placing it on his head.

"Hiccup, where on earth did you get a tiara from?!" Astrid chuckled curiously at her strange boyfriend.

"My cousins dressing up box." He admitted. "I knew you were gonna have a moment so, I came prepared."

"Hiccup, take that silly thing off before someone sees. Don't people make enough fun of you?" She tried to take the crown from his head but he grabbed her wrist and guided it back down.

"Hey, that's princess Hiccup to you." He attempted to look serious but failed miserably. "If you insist on putting yourself down, then I am going to show you what it is to look ridiculous." He turned to open the car door but Astrid grabbed his wrist.

"Okay, okay. You win! Just take it off." She chuckled.

"You're gonna stop talking bad about yourself?"

"Fine."

"And you are going to go out there with that Astrid confidence I love so much."

"If it stops you from embarrassing yourself, sure."

"And you're gonna kiss me now."

"Finally something I want to do." She chuckled snatching the crown from his head and crashing their lips together, but only for a second or two.

Hiccup rushed out of the car and around to open the door for Astrid. She chuckled at his gesture but she didn't protest.

"I'll meet you by the lockers at three?" He said before turning to head to class, half an hour early. Astrid rolled her eyes and grasped his hand in hers, pulling him back. She grasped his shirt and their lips connected like magnets.

Before he knew it, Hayden's fingers were running through her hair as she backed against the car, and her heartbeat was merging with his, his knees were buckling to the point where Astrid almost had to hold him up. With the taste of sunshine on his lips, and the thoughts racing through his mind as if this was his last moment, he had never felt so alive.

"You're not going anywhere!" She smirked. She took his hand in hers, locking their fingers together before venturing into the stressful land of high school.

***

"Astrid?!" A familiar voice screeched.

"Hey, Carter." Astrid smiled as Carter threw her arms around the blonde almost toppling her over. Astrid hissed causing the brunette to back off.

"Sorry."

"It's okay," Astrid assured. "Just a little sore."

"Girl, you have been M.I.A for over a month now. What the hell happened?!" Carter asked.

"Car accident," Astrid explained. Carter gasped. "Don't worry. I'm fine. Just a busted leg and some scarring."

"Why didn't you call me?" Carter pouted.

"Had to get a new phone." Astrid handed the phone to Carter. "Here, put your number in." Carter did as told.

"So, how's it been living together?" Carter asked the pair of teens.

"Astrid, there you are!" Kari called as she approached the young couple. "Oh, hey Punch Bag." Kari gave him a look of sheer disgust.

"Kari. Always a pleasure to see you too." Hiccup joked earning a small chuckle from his girlfriend.

"What do you want, Kari?" Astrid rolled her eyes.

"What's up with your face?" She gestured to the scar peeping out from behind Astrid's bangs. "It looks awful."

Astrid looked away, ashamed. Hayden noticed a tear forming in the corner of her eye.

"Back off, Kari!" Hiccup scowled.

"Nobody asked you, Punch Bag." She snarled. "Stay out of it. This is none of your business."

Hiccup glared at her, a low growl escaped his throat as his hands clenched into fists. Of course, Hiccup would never hit a woman. Never in a million years, but boy did he want to.

"Got a problem there, Hop Along?"

*Great, the leg thing. That's appropriate.* He thought.

"Yes actually, I do. I don't know who you think you are, Kari Taylor. But, Astrid has put up with you for long enough." He told her. "You can mock me all you want. Call me names. Make fun of me. Knock me over in the halls. I don't care. But I will not stand here and allow you to upset her. You got that?"

"Struck a nerve, huh?" She chuckled. "Looks like somebody's in love." She smirked.

Astrid grasped Hiccup's hand and felt his muscles instantly relax in response to her touch.

"Jealous much?" Carter chimed in. "What's the matter, Kari? Eric dump you again."

"Maybe I dumped him!" She snapped.

"Yeah right, just leave them alone." Carter bit back. "Their lives don't affect yours. They aren't bothering anybody. The only person bothering anyone right now is you. So, why don't you get to class? You never know, if you pay attention, maybe you'll actually make it out of high school this year!"

Kari gasped dramatically, flipping her hair as she spun and walked away.

"What a Drama Queen." Carter snickered.

"Thanks, Cart," Astrid said gratefully.

"Hey, what are friends for?" She replied. "I know where my loyalties lie."

"You too, Hiccup." Astrid placed a gentle kiss on her boyfriend's cheek.

"Anything for you, Milady." He smiled wrapping his arm over her shoulder and linking their hands. "I told you. Nobody messes with Astrid Hofferson."

"So, you guys really are dating?" Carter smirked. "And you live together. Isn't that weird?"

"Why would it be weird?" Hayden wondered.

"She doesn't know," Astrid explained. Of course, how could she? Astrid and Hayden hadn't spoken to each other since the day they started high school. How was she to know that they grew up together? "Carter, we have a lot to talk about."

***