Bonus chapter: Lunacy

Start from the beginning

His response was not the one she had expected — or even wanted.

"Spells, of course! I was casting spells!"

In disbelief, Matias and Ava, regular civilians who didn't believe in such things, stared at this boy in pure shock.

Zephyr claimed that he was spell casting around these parks.

How utterly underwhelming.

Ava, who felt a bit bad to have to send him through a reality-check, "But Zephyr, spells don't exist in the real world, only in movies." She tried not to make him feel bad in any way.

Was he out of his mind?

"Silence! I'll teach you how to do them, so I'd say you be more considerate next time." Zephyr claimed, growling at their rudeness.

Matias and Ava couldn't help but awkwardly glance at each other.

"Okay, okay!"

Yep, this guy was a lunatic.

~~~~~~~~

Several weeks later,

as school time was back on for the children of Ninjago city, three teenagers found themselves staring at a game board for minutes.

The cyan-haired girl hummed softly then allowed the dice in her palm to fall onto the board. She raised her head from the ground and she turned over to her friends.

"Huh, a sleepover. I've never been to one before, especially a boy's house." She mentioned quietly, not showing a smile nor a frown on her lips. She brought her fingers to her assigned piece: the kitten, and moved it three steps to the front.

It was Matias' turn, he picked up the dice and shook it in his hand — then dropped it onto the board.

It landed on a four.

Standing up from the floor and paying no attention to the game currently happening, "Don't be silly, we're gonna learn spells, aren't we?" Zephyr exclaimed, his excitement crashing through the roof at this point.

Moving his piece, the mouse, along the board, Matias rolled his eyes again.

"Why are you so excited about teaching us?" The blonde boy wondered, picking the dice back up with his two hands as he handed it to the brown-haired boy.

It was his turn, so Zephyr rolled the dice.

It landed on a two.

"Because, spells are great, we need more spellcasters in this world! That's why I'm willing to teach you all and unlock your inner potential!" He didn't even bother to move his game piece along the board, he was too focused on sprouting out nonsense.

The game became dull.

Matias wanted a quit. He stood up from the ground, leaving Ava and their pieces on their respective squares. He walked over to the door. "Uhhh yeah, anyways. I think the popcorn is ready, I'll go downstairs." He made an excuse.

The door opened them shut, the faint sound of Matias' footsteps crossing down the stairs being heard from upstairs.

Zephyr grinned, shifting his head over to look at the cyan-haired girl. It was just the two of them now.

"It's just you and me now, Ava." He reminded.

She was oblivious, unfortunately.

Pushing away the dice, she doesn't even look up to phase Zephyr. "Yeah, haha! Let's wait for Matias then we can learn together." She smiles at the thought.