I didn't say anything because I was shy around her. I sat their as everyone just stared at me, I got closed in. I couldn't let them see that so I closed my eyes and breathed. I blocked everyone out and thought back to Onika. She didn't look at me so I text her.

Unknown: i thought you'd be happier to see me stranger😔
Nicki: I am I'm just really shy. And you're YOU!
Unknown: so you believe what you hear too, great. I'll see you later stranger✌🏽
Nicki: no I'm sorry. I just thought you'd be different.
Unknown: you wanted me to have a s on my chest?

I could see Nicki laughing at my jokes which made me smile inside. Those dimples drove me insane honestly.

Nicki: 😂no I can't explain...well I'm too shy to look at you now.
Unknown: it's ok babygirl you make me nervous too.
Nicki: stopppppp. No I don't 😭
Unknown: yes you do Nicki. But come with me I want to talk to you more.
Nicki: what if I embarrass myself and don't talk?
Unknown: no judging here, promise. I won't make you talk, maybe.

I looked to Nicki who was still holding her head down. I walked to her side of the table and grabbed her hand. She held her head down as we walked in hand from the cafeteria. Of course we gained stairs people were nosy, nothing new. I led Onika to the bleachers outside where the track was. It was quieter here, no one really used the track but outsiders. The people who went here were either too lazy or just used the inside track. Not me, I loved nature especially today. Onika and I sat in the sun, it did her skin some justice. "Beautiful", I whispered. I knew she'd just sit here quiet if I didn't say anything to her.

"So how'd your day go other than watching me kicking ass?", I punched the air playfully. She smiled and lowly giggled which gave me some reassurance. "Wow she's beautiful right?", I pretended looking at someone. "Who?", she said really lowly. "You babygirl", she giggled. "Finally got you to talk to me", I smiled. She just stared at everything in front of her like she didn't have a care in the world. I decided to admire the world with her rather than talking. She seemed at peace, I liked this. "Let nature consume you, like the air around you", she breathed out. "Never heard that before", I whispered. I let the air consume me like she said. My eyes closed and my mind went back to her, why? She was driving me insane taking over my head and shit. "So how'd you manage to be the most popular nobody ever?", she said just above a whisper. This girl lucky I can hear good. "Pretty easy actually considering people believe anything", I sighed. "People are jerks!", she whispered angrily. "No I agree. But I have a question for you, two actually", she nodded.  "Why do you walk with your head down?", I asked genuinely interested. I hated when she did this it annoyed me. "I don't know. I guess it's how I hide from people", she shrugged. "I'm not people I'm a nobody so don't hide from me please". I reassured. "Stop saying that you're someone to me", she shoved me roughly. Her short ass didn't need to be so aggressive. "Well if I'm so important to you look at me", she slowly turned to me. After a few seconds she looked at me and immediately smiled. She turned away giggling which made me laugh. "See that wasn't so bad was it?", I said. "No", she whispered. I turned her body towards me which she looked surprised by. "Sorry I got jealous of you looking out there more then at me", I shrugged which made her blush. I'm more talkative than I usually am with people, I'm starting to surprise myself. "You're not as ugly as I pictured", she looked to me. "Damn it's like that?", I laughed holding my heart. "Yea it's like that", she mocked me. "Well you're really pretty and you better believe it ok", I shook her shoulders. "I'll try", she mumbles smiling. I look off to the side seeing stardlers smoking which made me laugh. "You want to hang....o-out later?", she struggled to say. "I'm not a good person Nicki and you are so no thanks", I hurt myself saying.  I couldn't be seen with her too much, for her own sake. "W-what? I don't care about that. Hang with me p-please", she begged. I knew I'd regret this later but I never followed rules anyway. "Sure your place? Public?", I suggested. "Hmm my place", I nodded. "Well let's get you back to school scholar", I noticed the time on my Apple Watch.

She giggled as we hopped from the bleachers. "What class do you have?", she mumbles. "I'm ditching the rest of the day. Wanna join?", I joke. "Hey you can't do that", she nudged my side. This girl was aggressive as hell, I just think she liked touching me. "I'm kidding. I do my work in a room here on the second floor. I finished it all early so I could chill with you", I said. "Sweet. And why're not with the rest of us", she whispered again. "Said I'm a threat to everyone so I'm isolated", I laughed. She giggled as I opened the door to the inside of the school. We walked the halls with Onika now silent again with her head down. I wish it didn't have to be like this for her.

"Text me so we can meet up after school", she nodded. Her mood had changed she seemed scared of something in her classroom. I peeked in the door with a mug when I saw Angela and Jayla in her class. "You'll be ok?", I question. "I'm scared. What if they beat me up?", she shed a tear. I hate seeing this mood on her. Without thinking I pulled her to me and held her tight. "They won't hurt you I promise", she hugged me back. "Ok thanks nobody", I giggled unwillingly. "Nicki I'm somebody now. Call me Beyoncé", I smiled. I wiped her tear away as she started to smile. "Pretty name", I watched her walk away. I just noticed how baggy her clothes were, like really baggy. What was she hiding?