chapter 60 babe I'm investigating

Yes bitch, We are finding the truth even if Tony doesn't want to

🔹️

Another day started, work like usual, talking with your friends, and exchanging shy glances at Steve. There was onlu one thing that was bothering you:

-When are going to give me my father's watch?-You asked Bruce.

-Soon. I promise.-He answered and you could notice he was a little nervous by your question.

-You said that last week. What are you searching so much about it? Can't I help?

-I'm really sorry Y/N but you can't.-He tried to don't make you upset- I will give it to you soon.

You were too annoyed to say anything, you just nodded agreeing with his decision and left the room.

You thought about talking with Tony about it, but you did that already and the result was the same, "just wait a bit more".

The fact that all of that happened and no one gave you a suitable explanation made your blood boil, it was like tehy knew something and were keeping it as a secret from you.

That's what you were talking about with Steve one day:

-And he said that I should wait, what is he doing so much with a simple watch?-You two were at the parking lot after training, under a tree.

-Maybe he's researching the material?-Steve suggested, while he was lied with his head on your lap.

-I don't believe that's the case...It seems like they're hiding something.

-They?

-Bruce and Tony. They're the ones always asking about whatever it happens.

-Or you're just overthinking about it, again.

-Maybe it isn't SO bad as I think...-You said while playing petting his hair- But there's definetly something.

You sighed and looked up in the sky, then closed your eyes because of the brightness of the sun, tryuming to don't think about anything.

You just felt steve holding your hand, those liitle moments were just precious to you, all the worries were just vanished away atumatically when you touched or stayed next to him.

Words were not enough to express all the things you felt, let's just say it was like your little and private piece of paradise.

-They will return your watch. I know they will.-He comforted you while he pretended to draw something in your hand with his finger.

-Let's hope you're right.-You felt the wind making your hair fly and mess it up, but you didn't mind.

-You said it was from your father...Ypu always talked about your mom...-He talked slowly- But you never mentioned him. Were you two close?

Steve was in that narrowed circle of people you could open up about this, the other members of this group were Eliza, Manuel and Wanda, even though you prefered not to talk about family topics because it reminded her of Pietro.