chapter 48 just a pawn

"WE MUST KILL! WE MUST KILL!"- Blackpink

🔹️

You were sitting on a bench at the cafe when everything turned dark. Someone had their hands covering your eyes. That type of joke where yoi have to guess who it is.

-You're not going to reveal yourself?-You asked but no answer.

Your senses got more accurate. You coukd feel the strong and big hands covering your face, the smell of the french aftershave cologne in the air, the slight sound of a breath.

-Vincent.-You answered smiling.

He took the hands out, you tirned to him, he smirked proud, as you went to him and gave a kiss.

-You always have the correct answer-He said.

-It was just too easy.-You bragged.

-Oh yeah? Then I have a challenge for you tonight.-He whispered inyour ear giving you chills.

-Wich one?

-It's a surprise. I won't ruint it by telling you.

-Alright, alright!

-I'll pick you up at the hall afterwork.

-Where are we going?

-My house.

His house. You had to admit, you were actually pretty happy AND anxious by him saying that.

You've never been to Vincent's house, always in your apartment, hotels or his car, never his house. You thought he just wanted to keep it casual and don't get attached, but, since now he offered to go to his home, maybe he was considering a more serious relationship, you thought.

And that simple thought of making it serious awakened your mind, were you ready for it? Could you imagined him officialy ss your boyfriend? Thinki g better you barely knew that man. He was a mistery and that's why you went after him.

A little doubt of "what if I regret this?" Passed through your brain, but you managed to throw it away and just said:

-Okay.

After that you went back to your office, but stayed a while without actually doing something.

The thing is that you've been very productive this month, everything just seemed to easy and you finished fast, like you were doing a first grade kid's homework.  I mean, it was good, but kind of weird? You didn't have an explanation for that. When you talked about that with Tony he just answered by "maybe you just got used to the job" and he added "that means I can send more work, continue being productive". Well, it was progress so why not isn't it?

🔹️

-Where are you going today?-Wanda asked as work finished and you were in the elevator.

The transport stopped at some floor, to bring more people in, and, between them, came Steve.

You were trying to avoid him as much as you could. You even ignored him one dsy, wich totally broke you inside. But you were still angry at him, why act like that? Why all the secrets and embarrasment he put you through?

You just pretended he wasn't there.

-I'm going to Vincent's house.-You answered excited.

-Oh my! Please don't annoy the neighbours with the noise!-She teased and you both laughed- It must be a huge mansion! Just imagine it! Send me photos!!