chapter 50 Peggy

"The world has changed, and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best, and sometimes, the best that we can do, is to start over."- Peggy Carter.

🔹️

Y/N's POV

The past few days were better, Bruce explained that the pawn maybe flew by the impact of Vincent's hand when he slammed the table, wich for you seemed impossible, but more reasonable then you making a chess piece levitate. But he didn't explain about the foreign languages you could understand.

You came back home but didn't say what happened to Sarah or Manuel, they didn't ask about Vincent, since they never met him, you didn't make an effort to introduce him since your relationship was just casual.

Wanda didn't ask much, she knew that you were still surprised by the death of that man in front of you, she just continued with a smile on her face pretending that nothing had happened, and it was actually good, it made you forget it better.

Bucky didn't care about Vincent at all, after you started talking with the others he came and gave you a big hug, almost not letting you go, worried if the Hydra's agent has done something with you, as you explained a thousend times he stopped asking, just saying that you should take care of yourself. You felt glad for it, Bucky was a wonderful person.

Tony wasn't cold with you anymore, maybe after the incident he noticed he was being kind of a jerk and weng back to the normal rotine, making fun of you and the others, trusting you with tasks etc. He also let you work back with the Avengers, he said that keeping you away just caused more problems anyway, so it was better for you to stay close where he could watch you.

The pain and amusement from before passed with the days, you started to sleep again and don't worry about Bydra attacking again.

And it's right to say that Steve played a huge part in that.

You and him were together all the time, he always caring about you, asking if you had eaten and sleeping well, as you would answer a "yes grandpa" annoying him.

Training got back, Natasha always there, and you observed that she was more caring, attentive, not yelling as before. Well, she still was hard, but that was already progress.

You were fighting really well, Peter one day entered with Tony and couldn't stop talking about how cool were your movements, almost begging you to teach him how to do that even, even though you had no idea. Tont wouldn't compliment directly, just said that it was not bad, while Natasha would say that you could do better. Steve would on the other hand say that you were lucky, yes, win 3 rounds one after another was being lucky or that he took it easy.

Fighting with him was...Interesting, you didn't know why but everytime your skin touched his you felt chills, your heart raced as you could feel sometimes his breath in your neck, and you almost fell when he smirked and winked in your direction when you successfully hit him.

He sometimes would come back from training to your house as Manuel made an incredible white, blue and red dessert and asked Steve his opinion.

-Wow...It looks like the american flag...-He said impressed staring to his cupcake.

-That was the intention.-Manuel said happy- Please eat.

Steve shy took a bite, making his face dirty with cream, you giggled and grabbed your phone fastly to take a picture.

-What? What are you doing?-He said after you took the photo- Oh no, I look terrible stop-He laughed as you standed your arms far and he almost hugged you to reach it.