chapter 52 Eliza

You are enough.

🔹️

Y/N's POV

December 21st. Today's Sarah's birthday. Funny how on december 18th was Bruce's and now is hers. He even gave her a Hulk card wishing a Happy birthday, she freaked out.

We couldn't make her birthday at the restaurant you worked like we did every year, but she didn't mind at all, she actually wanted to spend her day with her friends, Manuel organized a whole day for her and her friends on the bakery, with lots of candy and girls running around the kitchen stealing cookies and pretending to be fairies, excpet Sarah, she would be Hulk.

Sarah's birthday was both a happy and sad day.

Today was also her mother's death anniversary.

Eliza Berry gave birth to Sarah, her best gift, the girl she waited so long for, but, died from severe bleeding while doing it.

You were now at work, but you kept thinking about her. You couldn't avoid it, every year was the same thing.

You remember when you met her, one year before getting pregnant, before you started living at the apartment on the bakery.

She and Manuek were the only friends you've ever had. Man, they were such a happy couple. Sarah was a fierce woman, dedicated to make that bakery a success, while Manuel was the one more worried, emotional, a balanced relationship.

That day, everytime, you three would visit her grave. Talk about your year and leave flowers. Manuel would visit more. Every month he'd visit his wife, he always says "She must be missing me, gotta go" and leave.

Besides everything you still kept a sile on your faces, or at least tried. Eliza wouldn't want you all to cry, she wanted happiness.

Everytime you were about to break into tears you reminded of that.

Working nonstop, today you weren't going to training, you had already warned Natasha. Sarah would go with Manuel and meet you at 18h to the cemetery, by that time her party was already over.

Good thing Nat understood, she didn't ask for details, as you said the motive she just agreed even asked if you were okay.

-Pizza? Earth calling Pizza- Tony said.

-Oh sorry.-You answered.

-Why are you so distracted today?

-Sorry, I just...have plans for after work.

-What kind of plans?-He asked curious.

-I'm visiting my friend's grave today.-You said straight to the point.

-Oh...My apologies.

-It's fine. I'm okay.-You gave a quick smile- I will pay attention more, don't worry.-You said grabbing the materials for the meeting and leaving the room.

Flashback

"Hey" Eliza spoke.

"What?" You asked.