chapter 55 realization

No place to run.

🔹️

Y/N's POV

-Can you believe the year is ending tonight? It passed so fast-Wanda said as you walked together.

-I know right? It seems like I entered those doors 1 week ago-You looked at the Tower's front door at the hall.- Can't believe it's been 8 months.

-You have more work now?-She asked.

-Just need to organize this, I'll leave early today. You should go to my house Manuel is going to celebrate with lots of food, you can bring Vision too.

-Ooh it's set then!

You went upstairs and started organizing some documents when Tony knocked at your door.

-Come in.-You said.

He opened and closed the door behind him.

-Got a second?-He asked.

-Always.

He sat at the chair in front of you and started touchinh everything on your desk, it was quite annoying but you were already used to it.

-So as you may or may not know Pepper is coming back soon.-He finally said.

-That's good.

-Probably at the end of next month she'll be back and you'll have a lot to catch up with her.

-It's okay.

-Another thing...-He looked around the room trying to find the right words- There's something I wanted to talk with you it's been a while.

-Go ahead. Wait- yoi got nervous- Am I being fired? Oh my God-

-Uh? No, what the hell Pizza calm down.

You sighed in relief and he procceded.

-Are you and...Steve...dating?-He asked calmly but at the same time extremely curious.

-No.

-Really?

-No. Why are people thinking that lately?

-So more people thought about that?-He covered his mouth with his hand- You're not thinking about dating Steve are you?

-What is going on? Why are you asking that? Steve is my friend, that's all.

-Nothing-He standed his hands as a sign to calm- I'm just... politely asking.

-Well you have your answer.

-Good.-He nodded embarrassed.- It was just that, I won't bother you anymore.

-Thanks.-You asnwered sharply.

He left the room and closed the door, you dived into your chair resting.

-Can't I just be his friend? Why people think that?-You said to yourself.