Marks (Chapter 37)

I remembered the time I had spent here with my foster parents. Living here, mafia meetings weren't a problem as they were barely having time to spend with me. Not able to wait anymore, I ran to my room for the letter, not before informing my brothers. I opened the drawer and took out the paper. I took a deep breath before opening the letter. 

Hey Arlin.

If you are reading the letter, then you are either with someone else, or we have died. We wanted to inform you few secrets of your life. We don't know who is your blood related family, but we do know that the person you considered family, your father, Zavid Parker is alive. We hope you find him or he finds you. And if you don't remember who is Zavid Parker, he was your adoptive father, who you thought is dead. Also, we love you a lot sweetheart, and wish you have a happy life ahead. We know you love us though you never said. And though we weren't there much for you, we always wished the best for you. 

Your foster parents

I was shocked after reading that dad is alive, and crying because I miss my foster parents, and smiling at their wishes for my happy life. Just then Vincent came there. 

Vincent: Princess, are you okay? Why so many emotions at the same time? 

Arl: Due to what is written in the letter, and my pregnancy makes me emotional. 

Vincent: Okay. But what got you shocked? 

Arl: My foster parents have written that my dad is alive, but I had seen them kill him. 

Vincent: What? 

Arl: Yeah, and knowing them, this information can't be false. 

Anthony: VINCENT. 

He screamed from wherever he was. 

Vincent: I'll go. 

He went from there, while I kept the letter in my bag. After few minutes I heard a knock. 

Arl: Come in.  

Al came inside. 

Arl: Sandro, you here?                                                                 

Al: Yeah, you never spend time with me though I am your twin. So simply came here. Also, Tony said we will be going out for dinner after 3 hours so till then all can rest. 

Arl: Oh ok. 

Al: When are you meeting your friends? 

Arl: Tomorrow, I haven't decided the time yet. What are you all gonna do? 

Al: We also have friends here, so will be meeting with them. Baby, what have you thought about the little one? 

Arl: I haven't thought much about him/her. I am excited to have the baby, but also nervous, as I don't have much experience with kids. And I am too young for all this. 

He nodded. Just then we heard a loud thud outside the door, startling us, and we jumped. But to my bad luck, my back crashed with the wall, making me groan in pain. Al went out to see Anthony had dropped his bag by mistake while passing from outside the room, but returned hearing me groan. 

Al: What happened? 

Arl: In the flight when I was sleeping, my back crashed hard into the seat. And I don't know why, but it's still hurting, though not much. 

He nodded his head, looking unsure. Even I was confused why it was hurting so much. I told him the pain is not that much, but it pains too much. Just then I yawned again feeling tired. 

Al: Are you feeling tired?

Arl: Yeah, I've been feeling very sleepy these days.  

Al: I'll go, you can sleep. 

I nodded and lied down, facing the opposite side from him. His footsteps suddenly stopped, making me turn my head, to see him staring in my direction only. I realized while lying down my shirt had rode up a bit and pulled it down, facing towards him. Before I could ask anything, he spoke. 

Al: What happened to your back?

I looked at him in confusion, I had just said him. 

Arl: I said no that...

He cut me off. 

Al: I'm not talking about that, I am asking about those marks. 

I looked at him in confusion. 

Arl: What marks? 

Al: I couldn't see clearly. Have you checked your back? 

Arl: No. 

Al: Is it fine if I can see your back once? 

I hesitated, but nodded, wanting to know which marks he was talking about. I heard him gasp the moment he saw my back. 

Arl: What happened?

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫