Baby (Chapter 13)

Richard: What made you think I'll let you jump from the balcony?

Arl: What makes you think I am asking your permission?

Richard: But Arlin, what if you get hurt?

Arl: I won't. Now let's go, unless you want to be stuck here.

He agreed, knowing I won't listen.

Richard: You remind me of an old friend of mine, she was also like you in few things.

Arl: Well, you have you tell me about her afterwards.

He just nodded. After that we both jumped and landed on our feet and ran inside the house to see all the boys and staff in the hall.

Arl/Richard: Hey guys, what happened, is everything alright?

We asked seeing all of them looked in tension. Anthony and Vincent were ready to go but their hair was messed up like they had been running their hands through it, just like the other boys, who were not yet ready for the day. Looks like we all have this habit of running our hands in our hair when in tension.

Anthony: Where had you both gone so early in the morning? None of us had seen you both since we woke up to find you both coming through the front door. And where had you both gone like this, still in night dresses and hair messed up?

Completely different from the topic but I remembered about Anthony calling my hair black nest yesterday night, which from the look on his face as he looked at me was clear even he remembered as we smiled remembering that I had caught him stealing ice cream.

Vincent: Anthony, I think you were asking them something, and now you and Arlin are smiling out of nowhere.

Anthony: Uh ya, where were you both?

Richard: We were sleeping.

Anthony: Outside the home?

Arl/Richard: What? No.

Vincent: Well it does look like you were sleeping outside.

Arl: We were in my room.

Anthony: We checked the whole house, your rooms first, we didn't see you both. And if you were in the room, why did you come from outside instead of the stairs?

Richard: We were in the balcony but someone locked the balcony from inside so we had to jump from the balcony and come.

John(glaring at me): What were you both doing in a f*cking balcony?

Richard(glaring at him): Stop it John. 

John just turned away, but I didn't miss the helplessness I saw in his eyes, like he was doing something he didn't want to. I looked at Richard and he gave me an expression which said, 'will tell you later'.

Anthony: Guys, if you don't mind would you say why were you in a balcony whole night, in the cold weather? 

I and Richard looked at each other not knowing what to say.

Richard: Because, I heard a loud thud from her room yesterday, so I went there to find her on the ground, stuck in the duvet. We were not sleepy so went to the balcony but fell asleep I don't know when. By the way where is Al?

Greg: He had gone to the school early in the morning to fill Arlin's forms.

Richard: Ok.

Anthony: Arlin, write your courses and give it to John today itself. Greg might lose it, or he could have submitted, and Richard might be busy.

Arl: Ok.

What made me sad was that he remembered John only when he had work, and even for that, he didn't talk to John. After that Anthony and Vincent left for work once they were done with their hair. We all also went to our rooms to get ready. At around 11, Al came back. We both were sitting on the couch watching t.v.

Al: Arlin, what were you and Richard doing in the balcony today morning?

Arl: How did you know?

Al: Well, I had seen you both there. The door of the balcony was open when I came in your room to ask if you had written the courses. In fact I clicked few photos also.

He showed me the pictures he had taken of us.

Arl: But why?

Al: Because you were looking so cute, you looked like a baby.

Arl: What the hell, I don't look like a baby.

Al: Aw you do, baby.

Arl: By the way, were you the one who locked the balcony?

Al: No, but you both were locked in the balcony?

He started laughing. I picked a cushion and started hitting him with it , as he tried protecting himself by leaning back with his hands in front still laughing.

Al: Ok sorry.

Arl: Ok, but pls delete the pictures you have taken.

Al: Nopes, baby.

Arl: Stop calling me baby.

Al: No.

Arl: Pls.

Al: Nope.

Before we could argue, Greg and Richard came there.

Greg: Al, our friends are meeting in the park, wanna join? Richard and John are not joining.

Al: Sure. Bye baby.

I threw a pillow at him as he went with Greg. But it didn't bother him as he kept going without even turning back.

Richard: Um Arl, I was thinking we could talk to John now.

Arl: Ya, let's go. But before that, what did you mean by stop it today morning? 

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫