Good News

Part 2: Chapter 13 ◆

Good News

Two Months Later

The crowd claps and screams, cheering at the sight of you. You raise a hand, waving at the people. 

Your people.

You turn to Shoto, who's smiling and waving as well. He seems happy. 

"Long live the new King and Queen!" 

You wave in the direction of the voice, blowing a kiss to the crowd. The carriage clambers along the village path, parading you and your husband to the commoners. The coronation was this morning, along with a celebratory lunch and crowning.

Now Shoto wears the crown, and even now, it sits upon his head, staring out at the crowds. 

He wears a small smile, waving with one hand and holding yours with the other. 

The sun shines down on the carriage, feeling hotter than usual. You wipe your brow, leaving a trail of sweat on your arm.

"Gosh," you murmur, "I'm boiling out here. Are we almost done?"

Shoto nods. "Just a little further, my love. Are you okay?"

"I think so," you nod, "it's just . . . really hot."

"Here."

Shoto gives you his other hand, activating his quirk and chilling the air around you. You giggle.

"Thank you."

"Finally," you groan, "it's over. Not to be rude or anything, but that was exhausting."

"I agree," Shoto sighs, helping you out of the carriage. "but now we can spend some time together."

You smile at him, climbing down. "That sounds nice, but I'm starving."

Shoto chuckles. "We ate two hours ago."

You shrug, grinning at him. A heat wave hits you again, and you stumble. Shoto clutches your arm, his brows furrowed. "Are you okay?"

"I think . . . " you assure him, " . . . I'm just dehydrated."

Shizukana, your personal guard, runs off to get some water. Shoto leads you to the gates of the palace, holding your arm.

"You should've told me if you felt this bad," he says, concerned. 

"No, no, I'm fine," you tell him, waving a hand, "I didn't feel bad until just then."

"Hmm," your husband hums, "I didn't think it would be this tiring. I'm sorry."

"Shoto, it's fine, seriously. It's couldn't have been your fault, anyhow."

"I suppose."

You drag your feet to the castle, burning up. Beads of sweat catch at your brow and you look at Shoto. 

"Goodness," you complain, "who knew it would be this hot today."

Your knees buckle, and you fall into his arms. 

You wake up in your room, with a wet rag on your head and husband by your side. A doctor stands at the foot of your bed, grinning. 

"There she is," he smiles, giddy, "your Majesty, we have great news."

"I passed out?" You grumble. "What happened?"

"Your body was dehydrated, but there's more going on," the doctor explains, "I was waiting for you to wake up to tell you both."

Shoto looks confused, which means the doctor didn't tell him anything. You sit up, taking the rag off of your head. Your husband takes your hand, a quizzical look on his face. You shrug. 

"Your Majesty," the doctor says, "you're pregnant."

You lift your eyebrows, looking at your husband. "Pregnant?"

Shoto stands up, turning to the doctor. "Pregnant?"

"It's only 9 weeks," the doctor smiles, "which means we don't know it's sex yet, but once you reach 14 weeks we can take a blood test and find out!"

Shoto turns to you, his eyes wide. "We're having a baby."

He hugs you, and you laugh. "We're going to be parents, Sho!"

"I'll let you two be alone," the doctor grins, "but make sure Her Majesty is eating a lot, staying hydrated, and staying healthy!"

Shoto nods vigorously as the doctor leaves, wonder in his eyes. He turns to you, picking you up from the bed and holding you close. 

"I love you."

"I love you too," you blush, hugging him back. He kisses you on the cheek, before kissing you on the other cheek.

He taps his forehead to yours, his arms still wrapped around your body. 

"I love you."

He kisses you again, and you giggle. "I love you too, Shoto."

"What are we going to name it?" he blurts, looking at your still not round tummy.

"Dear, we don't even know if it's a boy or a girl yet," you grin.

"I suppose."

He kisses you again, laying you on the bed. You and your husband's room is big, and you can already imagine a little Shoto running around. 

"Oh my god, Shoto," you whisper to him, "we're going to be parents."

Laying beside you, he smiles, turning to face you. "I can't wait to tell everyone."

You boop him on the nose. "With how gossipy this kingdom is, I'd imagine everyone already knows."

"Ah, but Takahashi's not here to spread the gossip," Shoto grins, and you roll your eyes. 

"I suppose," you mimic him, and he blushes, chuckling.

"I love you."

"Shoto, I know," you hold his hand, "and I love you too."

"Yeah, I just like hearing you say it," your husband admits.

"Then I'll say it again." You snuggle up against him, his warm body against yours. "I love you."

"I love you," Shoto replies, as if it's become a competition, "and I'll protect you. And I'll hold you. And I'll keep you away from anything that would harm you or our child."

"I don't doubt it," you chuckle.