Entry 5

Hitoka Shinso

Dear Diary,

                     Today is the day. It's been two months since I've joined the League, and I'm sure Shinso is worried sick, but there's no backing out now, not even if I wanted to. Today marks the final stretch, then I'll run away and back home, and pretend this never happened. Everything will be okay.

Since they needed Maki to help the fire spread to Moyasu, but they couldn't get it from the Toshinori kingdom themselves, they were planning to kidnap a whittler, some rather popular boy that makes wooden figurines of royals and such. Thankfully I managed to convince them that it would just be better to steal the Maki from him, since kidnapping him would only be more work. They plan on doing so during the Farmer's Market, in the midst of all the excitement and the crowds. 

Maybe I saved him, at least. Who knows what they would've done to the boy.

But today is the day I'm supposed to be 'captured' by the guards to sneak into the palace. Of course I'm not going to, because I'm not a murderer, especially one who's going to kill a king. I'd probably screw it up anyhow, but this way I can run and just abandon the plan. I'll just go back home. That's all I really want.

We're heading to Moyasu right now, and I'm trying to find a way to possibly stop the fire, but what harm could a girl like me do against them? 

I don't know much of the plan, but sneaking into the palace is, as Toga tells me, "step one of initiation". It probably means they don't trust me yet, but I'll take what I can get, and I'll be back home with Shinso before the fire even starts. 

They can't kill the king without me, so at least I can stop that. But burning Moyasu and wrecking havoc on the villagers?

I don't think there's anything I can do. 

Hitoka