2 | A Good Queen

"Here, Darling, the guest list-" your father hands you a piece of paper- "Only the strongest kingdom's heirs have been invited."

You look down at the paper in your hand, skimming over the short list of names.

ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴀᴏʏᴏʀᴏᴢᴜ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ

ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴋᴜɢᴏᴜ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ

ᴛʜᴇ ɪɪᴅᴀ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ

ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏꜱʜɪɴᴏʀɪ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ

ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴅᴏʀᴏᴋɪ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ

You've heard of some of them, but the last name on the list surprises you.

"Father, why is the Todoroki Kingdom on here? Aren't we rivals?" You ask him.

He chuckles. "Now, princess, this whole process' purpose is to befriend the Todorokis. Why not invite them? They are a strong kingdom."

"What about the rest of them, Father?"

You've heard of the Yaoyorozu Kingdom, famed due to their tremendous riches and excellent beauty. They all have pretty powerful quirks, too.

The Bakugou Kingdom, although very wealthy, is reckless, and very violent. They haven't been in a war in years, but only due to how scary they are. They manage to defeat everyone who opposes them before they can start a war.

The Iida Kingdom is known for how strategic they are and how well they train their soldiers. 

The Toshinori Kingdom, also known as the 'All Mighty' Kingdom, is very generous and helpful, known for ending wars and restoring kingdoms. 

And, of course, the Todoroki Kingdom. You don't want to hear any more about them.

"I only picked kingdoms with heirs around your age," your father interjects, "Except the Toshinori Kingdom, of course. But I couldn't leave them off the list, I'm sure you understand."

"Yes, Father." You nod.

"The party is in two days, so I want you to look your best, okay, Darling?"

You nod and head back to your bedroom, your shoes tapping against the empty hall.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

You realize how...alone you are. You don't have any friends, but what princess does? You have Hiro. You've always had Hiro.

You change direction, heading to Hiro's room, hoping for some positive interaction.

You and your brother have been close ever since you've known him, and he has always been your refuge. 

You knock on his door, using the secret pattern you both established as kids. 

"Come in," you hear him say.

You walk into his room and he's sitting on his bed, in the same position your father sat in earlier. Hands in his hair, worried look.

You sit down beside him and lean your head on his shoulder. 

"What's wrong, Hiro?" You ask, even though you know what's wrong. He doesn't want you to get married.

He stands up, pushing you off of him. "You have to stop doing that."

"W-what? Hiro-"

"Stop," he interrupts you, "You're getting married soon, I can't stop that, like you said-" he glares at you-"for the good of the kingdom."