28 | Awakened

Wh-WhA-

WHaT THE HECK ! ?

omg when I started Wattpad I never thought people would even read my stories, but now here I am, feeling guilty that I don't update more often.

Dang, you guys got me feeling some kind of way . . .

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! :,D

now, on with the drama...

"The king! He's awake!"

You run to the medical wing of the castle, Takahashi and Mayra, the maid, behind you.

Everyone is jittery, some happy, some . . . disappointed?

But it doesn't matter, because King Todoroki, who you injured, who's been comatose for so long, is awake.

. . . and is probably so mad at you.

When you get to his room, Shoto is already there, leaning over his father. 

The king is gray, bags drooping under his eyes. He's leaning up, resting on one arm, seemingly oblivious to his son's presence.

The doctor calls Shoto. "Your Highness, we need to talk."

Shoto nods, and he walks by you, you see his eyes are puffy. Was he crying?

They step outside, and you step in. 

"Your Majesty?" You say as you sit at his bedside. You gently place your hand on his. 

He suddenly snaps his head towards you, his brows furrowed. "Are they here yet?"

He squeezes your hand in his. He seems more angry than scared, or even sad.

"Wh-who? Your Majesty, what do you mean?"

A maid comes up to you, resting a hand on your shoulder. "He's been like this since he woke up. It's all gibberish and mood swings."

"D-don't let them near me!" He points a finger at the maid, "You! Tell them they can have the castle, I don't care! Give it all away!"

". . .just don't let them kill me."

Tears start to fall down his face, sliding slowly while he begs for his own life.

"Doctor! He's doing it again!" The maid cries.

The Doctor rushes in, leaving the door open and revealing a stunned Shoto standing in the hall. You don't want him to see his father like this, so you join him and close the door.

"What's wrong?" You ask, "What did the doctor say?"

"Poison," Shoto whispers, not making eye contact, "It was poison."

"What? Shoto, tell me," you say, placing your hands on his shoulders.

"Your quirk didn't do the worst damage. He would've been fine in a couple of hours if that was the case," he says blankly, "someone snuck something in his food. Poison of some sort, causing nightmares and terrors, bad enough to prevent him from ruling."

You gasp. "The Bakugous were right. Someone's after the kings."

"We have to message them immediately," the prince says, taking your hands and leading you to his room.

"I've had a dove prepared just in case," he says, scrawling something on paper, "I'll tell them about the poison. It's confirmed."

"But what do we do?" You ask.

You're shaking. Your hands won't stay still. What are you supposed to do? Father never taught you how to deal with this. Nobody should have to deal with this.

Shoto ties the message on the dove ankle, then releases it through the open window, smiling. He turns around and his smile fades.

He walks over to you, sitting next to you on the edge of his bed and taking your shaking hand in his. 

"What do we do?" You ask again, looking at your fiancé. His smile is warmer than ever, and he takes your other hand too.

"I'll deal with it," he says softly, "you've done so much, and I can handle this. Let me."

You look down at your intertwined hands. 

"Hey, look at me," he whispers, placing a hand on your cheek, "it's okay if you don't know what to do sometimes. Nobody knows what the future holds, and you can't always be prepared."

That's not the reason you're sad, but you can't bear to say it.

You cry; a single tear at a time, leaving a trail of your worries behind. 

"Wh-what if they go after you?" you say in between sobs, "you're going to be king one day so they might . . ."

"That won't happen," he assures you, "because we'll find them before then."

You hug him, letting the tears fall. 

And you realize you never want to lose this boy. You love him.

And nothing will ever change that.

sorry yea I know its short :, )