Chapter Fifty-Seven

Start from the beginning

The older man grabbed a polaroid picture from the collection and placed it in front of Jungkook. It was a picture of Taehyung's wife leaning against a building wearing sunglasses, a thin scarf tied loosely around her head, and a short spaghetti strapped dress. Of course, Jungkook knew who his wife was as she was a famous actor but he barely recognized her in this picture.

Taehyung didn't speak as he pulled out another picture, this one bigger than the other. It was of her and Taehyung sitting on a yacht. She was a 2-piece swimming suit while Taehyung wore a pair of shorts that were probably made by him as he tended to wear things from his brand.

"I sold that yacht," Taehyung said with a laugh, "right before Taeji was born, I decided to sell it — just in case you're wondering why I haven't mentioned a yacht."

Jungkook hummed but didn't say anything. He didn't like being around water, anyway.

Taehyung started pulling out other items like the pregnancy test he managed to save in a baggy when his wife was pregnant with Taeji; the first ultrasound; their wedding pictures; their honeymoon. He explained some of them and some items they collected that were small enough to fit in the box.

Most people in Jungkook's shoes would be jealous of seeing their lover smiling and talking about their ex — deceased or not — but not Jungkook. He liked seeing Taehyung like this and he liked knowing that Taehyung was comfortable enough to talk about his deceased wife with him. Jungkook listened intently to everything his boyfriend had to say and didn't say much as he really didn't know what to say as he didn't want to sound unintentionally rude or interrupt the older man during this time.

"Did the fame ever come in between you two?" He decided to ask after a moment of silence.

Taehyung hummed as he narrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah, sometimes. We had conflicting schedules and sometimes we barely had time for each other. We had our usual fights, but they were nothing too bad."

The younger man nodded as he stared down at the items from the box. He kept his smile as he scanned over everything before it turned into a frown when he realized just how badly hurt his boyfriend must have been when his wife died. There were times when Jungkook wished Minsun would have died.

"I'm happy you decided to give love another chance," Jungkook said, "some people refuse to get into a relationship after their spouse dies."

"I kind of went crazy with that after she died," Taehyung laughed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I sought relief in sexual partners instead of focusing on a real relationship which is how I met Yunah's piece of shit mom. She was a..." He shook his head in disappointment, "I never let myself go that low again. I'm glad I met you though, you changed me you know."

"I'm a fixer-upper."

They both laughed and Jungkook cringed a bit when he re-said what he had just said in his mind. Taehyung tried to control himself as he leaned over the surface of the counter island and pecked Jungkook's lips.

"Yeah, you sure are huh?"

---

They went back to cleaning Taehyung's closet — well Jungkook did, Taehyung ended up falling asleep.

"Tsk, lazy," the younger man grumbled as he rolled Taehyung out of the way so he could place some clothes from the closet on the bed. He didn't mind as he tended to have more energy than his boyfriend on a normal day and he had nothing else to do.

Doing things that require a lot of work help keep his mind from drifting. He didn't have many negative thoughts anymore, however, besides the fact that Minsun was still running free. And he probably wasn't going to get caught.