The young Avengers

THIRD PERSON POV:

Tony looked in the mirror and straightened his tie with his right hand- the metal arm- because, although he hated him, Bucky said it was good practice to use your metal hand for things that you can do with the other hand, just to improve the dexterity.

"Tones, you're up." Pepper said, kissing her husbands cheek. "Don't pull an 'I am Iron Man' this time okay?" Tony nodded. Tony pushed the door open and all the bright, flashing lights overwhelmed him immediately. He walked to wards the front and held up his right hand- another tip Bucky had said. "Don't be afraid to show people your metal hand. The more they get used to it, the more people won't notice." Tony could practically hear his words as the crowd calmed down.

"Hello everybody! Today, I am here to announce multiple things. Before we start, please hold all your questions until the end. I am sure I will answer at some of them."

"Now, number one. I am announcing the retirement of the Avengers." Tony said, getting straight to the point. "We all getting a bit old and our team has basically disintegrated. I have lost an arm, and am in my mid-fifties. I am too old for all this hero-ing. Steve has decided that he is no longer Captain America, which I'll elaborate on later. Bruce has a kids show. He's not going to drop everything to go fight some bad guys. I mean, he even wears shirts now!" Tony said and the crowd produced a couple of laughs.

"Natasha will continue to do whatever the hell she does, but shall no longer be doing any other avenger-ing. Clint has a team to train, which I will also elaborate on later. Thor has other space businesses to attend to, and has joined a group of heroes called the guardians of the galaxy." The slideshow behind him changes to show many pictures of the guardians.

"They've been around since 2014, dealing with issues in space. Firstly, I'll start out with the human. Kind of. Here's Peter Quill-" many gasps erupt in the crowd. "Yes, you may recall he has a Buzzfeed unsolved on him. He's half human, half alien. Now, we have Rocket." The slideshow changed. "Rocket is a genetically modified raccoon. Believe me, when I first met him, I was starving to death and oxygen deprived, and thought he was a talking build-a-bear." This produced a lot more laughs than before.

"Groot is a sentient tree who only speaks in 'I am Groot'. Nebula is a grumpy blue cyborg and Mantis is an empath. And finally, Drax is just an alien who doesn't get metaphors. Their latest addition to their team is Thor."

"Now you may be saying, 'Tony, if the Avengers are gone and the guardians of the galaxy are in space, who's going to protect Earth?' Well, I am proud to announce the New Avengers."

"The new Avengers will consist of some familiar faces and some who have stayed in the shadows. The familiar faces, Sam Wilson, T'Challa, James Rhodes, and Wanda Maximoff will be a part of the team. As for the less known names, Bucky Barnes, Hope VanDyne, Scott Lang, Carol Danvers, and Stephen Strange."

"Now, we need to discuss who will be Captain America since Captain Rogers is retired. Sam and Bucky have been discussing with Steve on who shall have the shield. Currently, they are both just the Falcon and the White Wolf. Let's talk about Clint, and what he's doing."

"Clint is training a group of teenagers with special powers and talents. Some hero names might ring some bells. We have Kate Bishop, who is excellent with a bow, and she was the main spark for the Young Avengers. Additionally, we have Peter Parker as your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, Billy and Tommy Maximoff as Wiccan and Speed. Yes, Wanda Maximoff has two kids."

"Also, Cassie Lang will be joining them with the same powers as her dad and step-mom, and Shuri will be trained as the Black Panther for when T'Challa grows old or gets seriously hurt."

"Now, four unfamiliar names. Riri Williams and Harley Keener are two genius kids who will each have their own suits that are similar to mine. Riri as Ironheart and Harley as Iron Lad. Now, America Chavez is another half alien half human, similar to Peter Quill. And finally, Kamala Kahn is an inhuman with amazing stretching abilities. All together, this group will make up the Young Avengers."

"Now, does anyone have any questions?" Tony asked and everyone's hands shot up. Oh boy.

—x—x—x—x—

Sorry if this wasn't interesting... I was reading the young Avengers comics and the Fraction run. I might do a one shot collection of my version of the young avengers. Would anyone like that? It doesn't really matter if you would like it (yes it does, I love you guys) I would probably plan to write it, but it would never happen because procrastination is my jam.

❤️❤️❤️
Chloe