Apologies

(Post-Endgame. After the battle with Thanos, the avengers introduced the world to Spider-Man. Tony and Natasha are alive. Oh and Steve isn't old.)

TWO DAYS AFTER THE REVEAL—

PETER'S POV:

My phone rings and I check the caller ID. Someone I haven't heard about for a while. Liz. "Who is it Pete?" Auntie Nat asks.

"Liz." I say.

"The one who's dad dropped a building on you?" Dad asks.

"Yup." I respond nonchalantly, walking into my bedroom for a more private conversation. "Hey Liz." I say, picking up the call.

"Peter, I just wanted to apologize." She says. "I didn't know about my dad, honestly! And with the dance, and in the car-"

"Hey, Liz, it's okay, I forgive you."

"You- what? Why?"

"It wasn't your fault. You didn't do anything wrong." I explain.

"You being Spider-Man, thats-"

"Unexpected?" I suggest.

"Well, yeah, but I was going to say that that explains a lot. You know with Washington, and how you kept doing weird stuff with the decathlon team..." She trails off.

"Yeah, my aunt didn't know so I didn't know how I was going to get to DC then everything with the Washington monument... I even got scared and I can stick to walls!"

"Haha." She giggles. "You're funny." There's a bit of an awkward silence before she speaks up again. "It was good to hear your voice again." She says. "Are you dating anyone?" She teases and I snicker.

"Yeah, MJ."

"Michelle?" She asks. "I did not see that coming."

"Yeah, Ned said that too."

"Oh, how about Flash? What was his reaction like? He worshipped Spider-Man and hated you."

I laugh again, "So the day we revealed it, we didn't expect all the press at Midtown so I was only there for about 3 minutes before I left."

"That's funny." She pauses for a second. "My mom says it's time for dinner. Bye Peter!"

"Bye Liz!" I say, waving my hand like an idiot because she can't see me. "Hey Dad." I greet coming out of my room.

"Hey Peter, did it go well?"

"Yeah, I forgot how nice she was."

—x—x—x—x—

❤️❤️❤️
Chloe