Dad! Fury

(MJ is Fury's daughter. Also, MJ knows Peter is Spider-Man. Trigger Warning: Blood)

PETER'S POV:

I swing down into an alley, where I can just make out a mugger. I land in front of the kid, probably about 13 or 14. "Hey!" I say, "I thought people knew better!" I shoot a web at his face and he just avoids it by ducking. I shoot a second one and it sticks his left arm to his side. I'm about to shoot another web to stick his other arm down when I hear a gunshot. A normal 16 year old shouldn't be able to recognize the sound of a gunshot, but I'm not a normal 16 year old.

I was so focused on making sure the kid didn't get hurt that I didn't stop to consider that I just jumped right into a bullets path. It clips my right side and I ignore the pain in my ribs. I shoot another web, locking him against the alley wall. Usually I would help the kid back to the streets and leave a note for the police but the blood dripping down my suit causes me to think differently. I climb up to the top of a small apartment building and lean up against an air vent.

The wound is throbbing and I shoot a web to try and stench the blood flow. It doesn't do much, but anything will help. It's bleeding too much for me to swing to my apartment, especially because it's upwind and and the wind against the wound would really, really, really, hurt.

MJ's. I think. Her apartment is downwind... and only a couple of blocks away. Plus she said her dad doesn't get home until late. I hobble up and press my gloves against the cut for a bit before swinging through the city towards the apartment.

I'm swinging through the city, and I crawl up MJ's apartment building and knock on the window three times. She quickly opens it and I crawl in, trying not to get any blood on the floor.

"Peter!" She cries, "You're bleeding!"

"Thanks MJ." I say sarcastically. "I totally didn't notice that."

"Glad to see your sarcasm is fully functional." She retorts, leading me towards the bathroom. She fumbles around in the medicine cabinet and pulls out a small first aid kit. I pull off my shirt and she presses some gauze to my side. Outside of the bathroom there's the sound of a key turning and the sound of footsteps. "Shoot, my dad's home." She says, her eyes widening.

"Michelle!" A deep man's voice says, "Are you in the bathroom?"

"Yeah Dad!" She calls back.

"Michelle, I know Parker is here. Unlock the door." He says, knuckles rapping against the door.

"Shoot." She whispers and gets up. That's when her Dad walks in. It must be a sight to see, a teenage boy laying on the tiled floor, with blood all over his abdomen.

"Fury?" I ask, looking into his one eye.

"Hey Parker." He says, kneeling down on the other side of me. "Did you get shot?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah." I inhale sharply when MJ pulls the cloth off the wound and the air is exposed to it again.

Fury leans over to the other side of me and looks at the wound. "It doesn't look that deep, keep the pressure on that, Michelle." He reminds and she nods. "It should stop bleeding in a couple of minutes. Would you like to stay for dinner?" He asks.

"No, no, It's fine." I say, "I wouldn't wanna overstay or anything!"

"Kid, it's fine. You want pasta or something?"

"Sure." I say. "If that's what you want, I'll eat just about anything."

"Okay, pasta it is." He says, getting up. "You have super healing right?" I nod. "So that means you'll probably need some more food." He puts together, walking out of the room.

"I've met your Dad before, but he wasn't like that." I say to MJ and she snickers. "And he calls you Michelle. Wow."

"Yeah, his demeanor really changes depending who he's with. The only people I've seen him act like that with was Natasha, Maria and Carol when she visited. Only a select number of people know that I'm related to him. Just those three I just named and you." She explains.

"Wow." I say again. "I feel so honored." I put a hand to my chest and she smirks.

"Don't get too big-headed Parker." She teases. "You don't wanna end up like Flash." She says as she wraps the gauze around by rib cage and we clean the blood off the tiles. We walk into the kitchen where her dad, Fury, it's still surprising, is making pasta.

"Hey." He says, "You feeling better?"

"Yeah." I respond as he puts plates of pasta in front of us. "Thanks Mr Fury." I say and he smiles.

"Call me Nick." He says and MJ raises her eyebrows. I take he doesn't let that many people call him that. I think.

"Okay." I say and dig into the plate. We're silent as we eat the pasta he made. "So MJ." I say and she swallows the bite she was chewing.

"What?"

"This might be a stupid question but why is your last name Jones, not Fury?" I ask.

"First of all, that's a totally valid question, second of all, to make sure I wasn't going to be a target we just gave me a really common last name." She says and I nod, taking another bite. I finish the plate of pasta, and now is one of the only times I'm actually feeling full. With my increased metabolism it's really hard for me to feel full.

"Thank you so much Mr- Nick." I correct and he smiles. "But I think I'm going to head out. I have homework."

"Are you okay swinging home or do you want me to drive you?" He asks and my eyes widen.

"I think I'm okay." I say, pressing my hand to my side. "Thank you so much." I say again.

"It was no problem Peter." He says. "If you ever get shot again come here and I'll help you okay?" He says and I nod.

"Thank you!" I call out as I jump out of the window and shoot a web to the side of building.

"You're welcome!" He calls back.

—x—x—x—x—

This was longer than I thought it would be.

❤️❤️❤️
Chloe