lviii ━━ fearless.

Comincia dall'inizio

"That is a subject to converse about for a later date." McGonagall said coolly, "Now is hardly the time."

Her mother didn't argue back, still appearing to be peeved as the professor shifted her attention back to Addy.

"Why did you attack Ms. Vane in the first place, Ms. Stone?" she questioned in a low voice, "This is quite unusual for you."

"She tried to use a love potion on Harry!" Addy exclaimed angrily, "It ended up backfiring on Ron, and love potions are forbidden!"

She ignored the fact that she and Draco Malfoy had brewed Amortentia, though it was harmless since they vanished it immediately after.

McGonagall exhaled, "We are already tending to her about it. But that's still no reason why you needed to punch her, us teachers would have her taken care of."

She bit her tongue, not knowing how to phrase the yelling match with Romilda.

To be fair, she deserved the four missing teeth Addy gave her and bruising on the lower cheek, especially with the remarks of slut shaming and bringing up her father.

She looked down defeated, however, deciding to just accept her fate and be over it, "What's my punishment?"

"Detention with Filch for two weeks." replied McGonagall briskly, "And you are expelled from the Gryffindor Quidditch Team."

Addy snapped her head up, "What! Expelled?"

Callista seemed in disbelief as well, scoffing, "Minerva, doesn't that seem a bit too ambitious-"

"No, it doesn't. All actions have consequences, and Ms. Stone will have to pay for them." McGonagall nodded curtly, "Believe me, it hurts me just enough to kick you off the team."

"But I'm the captain!" Addy protested furiously, "You can't expel the captain!"

"I'm sure Mr. Potter can handle the team until the Quidditch Cup, and he can hold tryouts for a new Chaser."

She gritted her teeth as she fell back against her chair, clenching her fists and hoping to not lose her temper entirely. Professor McGonagall was known for her infamous stubbornness, and there was no way she could change her mind.

However, Addy chose not to counter back and keep her mouth shut.

McGonagall motioned towards the exit, "You may go now Ms. Stone. I would like to have a few words with your mother."

She sighed then nodded, picking herself up from the chair and casting a glance over at Callista, who gave her a pitiful smile.

Addy left the office feeling worse than she did before the meeting, wondering how she would break the news to Harry.

Being banned from Quidditch was something she certainly wasn't expecting, and she hated the feeling of not being able to fly out on her broom, which often released much of her tension that pent up during the week.

She winced at the throbbing of her fist, glancing down and noticing the slight swelling. Her punch had been extremely impactful against Romilda's face, and she completely dreaded returning to her dorm that night.

Addy found Harry pacing outside of McGonagall's office, waiting for her. He gave her a look of relief after seeing her approach him, but it changed after catching a glance of her expression.

"What did McGonagall do?" he questioned worriedly, "It can't be that bad..."

"Banned from Quidditch." she shortly muttered, "Like you with Umbitch last year."

"Banned?" Harry repeated in disbelief, "No, it can't be. McGonagall wouldn't sabotage her own house team!"

Addy sighed, pushing past him as she motioned towards her fist, "We can't change her mind. You'll help me with the swelling, won't you?"