When I get into the shower, I hiss when the warm water hits my wounds, they heal a tiny bit more but hardly.

After showering I look at myself in the mirror, I'm covered black and blue, there's hardly any normal coloured skin in sight.

I wrap all my wounds in bandages but blood already start to seep through so I add more layers.

I then throw on my jeans, T-shirt and a sweater, then walk out whilst drying my hair with a towel.

"Hey smalls" I say with a smile, sitting down next to my little sister.

She snuggles into my side sniffling slightly, "I don't like it when you get hurt" she whimpers and I rub circles in her back.

"I'm sorry, I know, it doesn't happen a lot, only sometimes" I say and she still sniffles.

"Hey why don't we watch a movie? Mulan is really good, wanna watch that?" I ask, she nods still buried into my side.

I take the remote and play the movie and we both watch it, her eyes are glued to the screen and her facial expressions change at every scene.

Her face lightens up every time she sees Mushu but who can blame her, he's awesome.

She falls asleep near the end of the movie, I read my book until I feel myself get tired.

My eyes start to droop, eventually they close and I succumb to darkness.

***Nightmare***

I look around finding myself at the bridge, the one where we first met. I watch my aunt fall, 9 year old me runs over to the edge a feeling in my gut telling me that something wrong. I look over the edge trying to see her hit the treacherous water with a sickening crunch. My eyes widen at the horrific sight and I feel myself start to hyperventilate. She goes deeper and deeper into the water as blood surrounds her. I scream in horror and yell at her to come back, telling her she can't leave me but it's no use, she's already gone.

Then everything goes to blackness and I find myself in a new setting.

A gunshot is heard and I immediately run to towards it. I find myself in an alleyway as the dude with the gun runs out. Lying there, in a puddle of blood, is my uncle Ben. I immediately rush to his side as tears threaten to fall from my eyes.

"Un-Uncle B-Ben?" I say, knowing that it's my uncle, but just wanting it all to be an illusion.

"R-rem-m-member P-Peter, with gr-great po-wer c-comes grea-t-t respon-s-sibility" he stutters out, through the blood in his mouth.

I grip onto his hand as the life leave his eyes and all I can do is scream for him to come back.

Everything then fades away to once again another scene.

I'm in one of my many childhood homes, huddled in the corner with my brothers and sister, "don't worry worry Tommy, Ava, we'll save you" Paddy and me, mutter to our little brother and sister.

My fathers hand grabs me back and rips the both 2 and 4 year olds from my arms, "leave them alone!" I yell, my voice breaking in fear.

The sadistic man who's meant to be my father smirks and beats the little boy and girl as I scream at him to stop over and over again. Tommy's cries stop followed by Ava's silence and it only worries me more, I run to their mangled, blooded bodies, I beg them to wake up but they don't. They aren't breathing, why aren't they breathing?!

The man who I once called a father then proceeds to beat me and my last remaining brother until I'm on the verge of death. Bode then lays limp on the ground and I know in that moment that he's gone. My heart hurts, like it has been torn out and ripped apart.

"Well someone has to tell the story don't they?" My father says to me with an evil grin.

"So I'll leave you with a little message" he says and his smile grows wider.

He grabs a knife and carves his initials onto my chest, making sure they go deep, I scream at him to stop saying it hurts "that's the point, we won't it to scar don't we? So you know who took your family from you" he says laughing.

"You're meant to be my father" I say repeatedly.

***End Of Nightmare***

I awake, gasping for air, my hands trembling, my heart racing faster than it ever should.

I leave Chrissy sleeping on the couch and make my way to the bathroom.

I just wanna cry, I don't wanna do anything else so I do. I turn on the shower and sit under the water crying my heart out in ugly sobs.

Why do bad things happen to good people.

———

Wow this is very fuckin depressing... sorry bout that guys 😅

Word Count: 1470

- mayaaa ✌🏼