Chapter 33 - Who is the Kanima?

Sabrina 

"We need to talk," I stalked over to my brother, a worried expression plastered across my face, he knew then that it was important and whatever feud we had between us, had to pushed aside. 

"What is it?" he questioned me as he slammed his locker shut and I leaned in closer so no one could hear us, since there are other people in this school who have werewolf hearing, not just us. 

"Derek is going around testing people." I revealed, it was true. Last night, whilst lounging around in the lair, like I usually did for no apparent reason. Erica and Isaac had dragged in Jackson and I had no idea what was happening. It's safe to say that Derek does not trust me anymore, which just shows that I'm becoming less and less a member of his pack. 

"Testing people...what?" Scott was confused, probably because I didn't full explain it. 

I didn't want to tell Scott that Derek had bit Jackson but he hadn't turned, it just made Scott even angrier at Derek and the anger that protruded from both of them caught me in the middle and I didn't wanna be in the middle. So I just don't disclose the information "Last night, he tested Jackson. With Kanima venom, he was paralyzed just like everyone else, so they don't think it's him,"

"Why would they test him?" I did my best to keep my heart beat under control as I just shrugged and got back to the matter at hand. The reason why Derek is doing this is the least of Scott's worries. "Who do they think it is?" I took a deep breath and shook my head at him. He could read my thoughts, and not only that, he could tell by my heartbeat and guilt that covered me like blanket. "Oh no,"

"They're gonna test Lydia. And if it's her, they're gonna kill her." It was enough information for him to start freaking the hell out, we both knew that it could be her, that she has been really off lately, but so has Lexie and it's not like I'm suggesting she could be the Kanima, so no, I don't believe that Lydia is going around killing people. But I just knew that Stiles wasn't gonna take this well. 

***

We were in Econ, I was sat behind Stiles and usually Lexie is to my right, but she took the day off to go over the Bestiary and then deliver the translation to Allison, who's gonna go over to hers later. "Hey, testicle left and right. What the hell is a kanima?" Jackson asked as I turned my head to look at him, he was sending me daggers since I was there last night.

Before Scott and Stiles could answer him, Coach slammed a textbook against his desk to get everyone's attention. "All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, both McCall's infact," Yeah not to agree with Coach Finstock, but I'm completely failing Econ,

"might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult...I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy."

"Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" he frowned at me and I just rolled my eyes, you're lucky they didn't kill you dumbass. 

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles chipped in,

"Wait-why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Jackson glanced over at me, knowing that I knew but that I hadn't revealed that slight bit of information to my twin brother, whom he thinks I tell everything. That's not true though, in fact I probably keep more things from Scott than I should, oh well. 

"How should I know?" he lied,  

"They think it's Lydia," I reminded them as I watched Stiles' face visibly fall, he didn't like to think that the girl of his dreams could be a crazy ass reptile trying to kill us all.