Chapter 17 - He Knows/She Knows

Last night, Scott left with Stiles to go help Derek. Apparently he was so close to catching the Alpha, but both the police and the Hunters were on his tail. Scott showed up and saved Derek's ass, per usual. Derek revealed that Mr. Harris had something to do with all this, I still don't understand how he ties into it. I'm not really surprised though, he's an awful person. 

Also, Derek's said sister found a symbol before she died, a symbol that happens to be the exact one on Allison's necklace. Of course.  

I was walking with Stiles and Scott in the hallway when he brought the topic up. "This is gonna be impossible, you know." Scott complained, they weren't even talking at the minute, so I have no idea how he was gonna get it.

"Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?"

"And you think she'll agree to that?" I remarked as I thought about my belongings. If one of my exes asked for something that important to me, I'd laugh in their face. 

"It's easy. You just say, 'Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?'" Stiles suggested as we both stared at him unamused, if Lexie were here, she'd find it funny. Of course she would. 

"You're not helping."

"Why don't you just talk to her." I suggested, I know that if I was in Allison's position, I'd just want the guy to talk to me. I guess it's not easy in their case, since you know he's lying to her and can't exactly tell her the truth.

"She won't talk to me. What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?" 

"What is wrong with you?" I murmured turning it him, it was just a joke, but he seemed really broken. 

"That's why you ease, that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on the good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace." Stiles paused in the hallway and looked at my brother, "You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

"Creep," I muttered under my breath as he stared at me, it was weird. We were both werewolves, twin werewolves, does that amount to anything or are we just normal betas?

"All right, both of you, stay focused, okay? Look, get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison. In that order. Got it?" He said with encouragement as Scott took a deep breath and nodded.

"Get the necklace." Somehow I think it could only go downhill from here, great. 

***

"He knows? How the hell does he know?" Lexie had just been talking with Scott and told me something that I really didn't want to hear. Jackson knows, about Scott, even about me. He saw how injured I was at school, he knows it doesn't just heal overnight. Oh this is bad, this is very, very bad. 

"I have no idea. But I think it might have something to do with them claw marks on the back of his neck, do you remember seeing it that night at school," I nodded, yeah something was definitely up. Why did he just have a random flash of pain? It was the same time the Alpha roared and I remember in that moment I could feel Scott getting hurt. Are they linked? 

"So what are we gonna do? What does he even want?" I inquired and she leaned in to speak to me, whatever it was, it wasn't to be heard by human ears. 

"The bite, he wants to be a werewolf." she whispered and my eyes opened wide in surprise. 

This guy is so stupid. And besides, how are we supposed to make the Alpha bite him, it doesn't exactly work like that. "You're kidding? He wants it, is he crazy, if I could get rid of it believe me I would."