Chapter 21 - You can't protect everyone

Stiles and I went to Scott's house looking for them, and they were just there as if nothing happened. "Oh my god are you okay?" I asked as I hugged her like my life depended on it. She completely scared the shit out of me, why didn't they just answer our messages. 

"Scott lost his phone, and I left mine here," so, we all started to help Scott look for his phone, trashing his bedroom just to find it. 

"Call it again."

"It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles suggested, but I knew that their mom wouldn't be too thrilled at the idea of having to buy Scott a new phone, and it's not like he could afford one himself, working at the Animal clinic didn't pay that much. 

"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

"Well, 'A', you're not alone. You have us. And 'B', didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"Shut up Stiles! He's not dead," Sabrina yelled at Stiles, she definitely did not want to admit to the idea of Derek being dead. I hate to agree with what she's saying, but he probably isn't dead,. far from it actually, because for some reason I sense when something bad is about to happen.

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha, they're not gonna kill him." I announced as if it was obvious, I mean it kind of was. If they have Derek, they get the Alpha, simple. 

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved." Stiles shrugged as he sat in Scott's desk chair. Sabrina leaned on his windowsill and stared down at her front lawn, something was up with her. 

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first, just-just help me!" Scott started yelling, he wasn't mad about his phone, he was mad about everything else that was going on. 

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

"They didn't even fight," Sabrina interjected, of course, because they were stopped by hunters before they could fight each other.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die." Scott said about Derek and Sabrina nodded in agreement, she knew something that we didn't, I could tell. What was she not letting on?

"Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Stiles begged as Scott stopped, looking over at where Sabrina was sat. They both heard something, because their faces fell. "What?"

"My Mom just got home from work." Scott announced as I peered out of the window to see her car parked on the curb, what was she doing?

"Is she okay? What's she doing?" I asked curiously, after last night, I hoped she was okay. I felt bad about ruining her first ever date since separating with her husband, but if we didn't she was probably gonna die. 

"Crying." Sabrina sniffed, she was listening to her mom and I knew it was breaking her. She wiped away her own tears as Scott slumped onto his bed. 

"Scott, you can't protect everyone." Stiles reassured him but Scott just nodded, he was adamant, nothing was gonna get in his way. And not only did he think he needed to protect us all, he wanted to, it's like he was made to be a werewolf.

"I have to."

"Don't worry, he won't be doing it alone." Sabrina reminded all of us as she slipped off the windowsill and stood there, her arms crossed. She was furious, about her mom, about Derek, about Scott about everything. And I knew she just wanted to get rid of this monster.