Chapter 4 - Over My Dead Body

Lexie
I sat beside Lydia in one of the most uncomfortable hospital chairs ever, for some reason she made me come with her to check on Jackson who was trying to get the 'ok' to play from his doctor. Leaning back in my seat, I tried to focus on reading my book, but my mind wandered elsewhere. All I could think about were the crazy things that were happening in Beacon Hills. Scott became a werewolf, and I hadn't even acknowledged what happened the other night, I keep telling myself that it was the alcohol mixed with the pills, but now I'm not too sure. How did I black out that easily? And was it a dream or not, because it felt so real.

I was broken out of my thoughts when I saw Stiles stand there and begin talking to Lydia, "Hey, Lydia. You probably don't remember me." Ugh, this was hard to watch, Lydia was staring at him and I slouched down into my seat in second-hand embarrassment. "Um, I sit behind you in Biology. Uh, anyway, I always thought that we just had this kind of connection. Unspoken, of course. Maybe it'd be kind of cool to, get to know each other a little better."

"Hold on, give me a second," Lydia took the earpiece out of her ear and paused the conversation with whoever she was just listening to and turned to Stiles. "Yeah, I didn't get any of what you just said. Is it worth repeating?" Stiles shook his head awkwardly and itched the back of his neck.

"No. Sorry. I'll just sit. You don't care." Stiles turned away and went to sit elsewhere. I closed my book and followed him, he sat there pretending to read a pamphlet about menstruation, the only reason I knew he wasn't actually invested is because he had it upside down.

"Stiles, Stiles, Stiles!" he finally turned to me after staring at my sister make-out with Jackson. "what are you doing here?"

"Me? Um, Scott came to drop off dinner for his mom," I narrowed my eyes at him, mostly because I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth.

"You better not be lying to me Stiles, if you guys are about to do something stupid, you need to tell me," Stiles sat there in silence, thinking about it before shaking his head.

"Nope, we were just gonna head home, after," I nodded, I gave him a chance to tell me the truth and as much as I don't believe him, I have to trust him at some point.

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow."

***

In the middle of the night, I remembered my dream, the house, the woods, the spiral. I had to check it out, I had to check if what I saw was real. My curiosity had gotten the better of me. I pulled on an oversized denim jacket over my sweater and joggers. Then grabbed a flashlight from my bedside table and left as quietly as possible, in search for something that probably didn't exist. As I was roaming the woods in search of Derek Hale's charred house, I sensed the feeling that I wasn't alone. I could hear my heart beating in my ears, my mouth was dry and my hand was shaking. When I came to a bit that felt familiar, I realised it was the spot from the other day, then up ahead I heard voices. I turned off my flashlight and advanced tentatively. In the darkness, I could see the silhouette of a house, illuminated slightly by the glow of the moon in the sky. And beside the house, I heard noises, upon further inspection and numerous steps closer, I realised something and I shook my head. I turned my flashlight back on which caused them to freak out slightly, I pointed it at their faces and then diverted it so they saw it was me. "You've got to be kidding me?"

"How did you find us? Did you follow us?" Stiles blurted as he looked at me like I had just trashed his favourite stuffed animal or something.

"No, I was just here,"

"In the woods?" Scott asked, finding it unbelievable that I'd actually venture into the woods by myself.

"Yeah,"