Chapter 27 - The New Beta

"Ha, I win!" I celebrated as I jumped off of Derek, letting him push himself up onto his feet with a grunt. He didn't seem too happy about this, about that fact that he was training me to be better than him.

"It's not a competition," he groaned as he clutched onto his neck, maybe I was being a bit too violent. Oh well, 

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that," I revealed as I stood opposite him and put out my fists, he was so done with my fighting, or supposed training.

"Okay no, now in there," he pointed over to a train carriage, one that hasn't been used in decades and was crumbling to pieces.

"What? Why?" Derek's new lair, or hangout space was at the abandoned, underground Beacon Hills Railroad Depot. Filled with steel walls and beams. And in the centre of the space was a subway train car, the one he wants to fight in. 

"Because in a fight, you gotta learn to use your surroundings," I let out a loud sigh before following him. It was a tight space and I have no idea how I'm supposed to fight in here, but before I could even think about it, he went straight in and punched me in the face, catching me off guard. 

I clutched my nose, it was definitely bleeding. Awesome. I stood upright and looked over at Derek, he was smirking, what a little bitch. "Was that really necessary?" I ran at him, he thought I was just gonna straight up charge at him, but he's stupid. I grabbed one of the bars above my head, and swung my body towards him. 

He caught me, my legs wrapped around his waist and I just smiled devilishly, "Hi,"

"Hi," and then he pushed me up and sent my whole body slamming into the ceiling of this small subway car. I landed on the floor, clutching onto the back of my head, ugh. "Come on," I lifted my head and looked at him, my eyes visibly glowing, I extended my claws and got back up. 

This time when I charged at him, I slid down, slipping between his legs and appearing behind him. Before he could turn around, I pounced at him. Grabbing onto him from behind, wrapping my legs around his waist and holding my claws to his throat. "Are we done here?" I panted, my head pressed beside his, I could feel the sweat from his head drip onto mine and it was not pleasant. 

"Okay, okay," I released my grip from his throat, and that's when he swivelled around, grabbed my throat, dragged me to the back of the carriage and pressed me against the wall. For god's sake I thought we had finished. He clenched his hand around my neck, and I could feel my airway closing ever so slightly. My hands went to his, trying to claw it off of my throat. "You never back down, not even when they beg for mercy," 

I'm not a killer, I mean sure I am, I wanna be, but I can't kill a human, I can't. It feels wrong. They don't heal, they can't defend themselves. What do they have? Guns, arrows, bombs. We rarely ever die from that stuff, so why should I take away their lives? 

I didn't answer him, I stared into his eyes, like that time in Scott's bedroom. He seemed different, scared. Of the hunters? I mean of course, I remember what I saw in the woods the other day, they decapitated an Omega. So, I didn't say anything, his grip was getting tighter and my airway felt completely closed. I didn't want to back down, I narrowed my eyes at him, he may be an Alpha, but he can't control me. 

It was when he heard his name being called that he let me go. I dropped to the ground, rubbing my neck, "Derek!"

"What's wrong?" Isaac, the new Beta, came bounding in, a worried expression on his face. He looked down at me and then back up at Derek, clearly sensing something had just happened.

"My dad. I think he's dead." I got up and stood there my arms folded. Great, a day or so into being a werewolf and he's already killed his dad, just perfect.