Chapter 11 - Spirals and Family trees

It had been a while since Chris Argent gunned down the innocent mountain lion in the school parking lot. When I told Lexie, she completely freaked, why the hell would he carry a gun around? And because he did, he was definitely not safe, but that didn't stop Scott from sneaking into the Argent's house to see Allison. 

I warned him not to, y'know since he's also supposed to be grounded. Mom did not like that little stunt he pulled, I don't understand why he didn't just reply to us, especially since there was an Alpha after him. I was waiting to hear him to come home, I caught him sneaking out and he begged me not to tell mom, didn't mean I wasn't gonna have a talk with him myself. 

So when I heard footsteps in his room, I walked in, ready to nail his ass to the wall. "Scott, listen I didn't tell mom, but you gotta stop doing this," when I turned his light on, he wasn't there and instead, Derek was sat in Scott's armchair. "Oh my fu-," I glared at him as he stared back at me. "What the hell are you doing here?" I wanted to shout, but instead whispered so as not to wake my mom who was sleeping, which is what I wanted to do right this moment. 

"I'm waiting for Scott. Get out. Just go to sleep." he ordered as I rolled my eyes at him, is he stupid? How the hell am I supposed to fall asleep right next door to a creepy guy waiting to scare the shit out of my brother. 

"Um, no," was my answer, it was short and sweet and just made him angry. 

"No?" he pushed himself up and onto his feet. 

"Yeah, you don't get to tell me what to do. Especially when the last time we spoke, I was this close to chopping off your arm," I held my fingers barely an inch apart to show him how much I wanted to cut off his arm. His angry pout turned into a slight smile, I mean I couldn't really tell. Since I'd never seen Derek smile, ever. 

"You're crazy," he muttered and I took it as a compliment. 

"Thanks," being called crazy rather than something along the lines of 'dumb' was a success. I didn't care if people thought I was a crazy bitch, because I was one. Genuinely, if Scott hadn't arrived at the clinic when he did, Derek would be missing arm right about now. 

We just stood there, in the middle of Scott's room. Derek was trying to stare me down, as if he scared me. I just glared right back at him. It's like we were having a staring competition or something, because he didn't take his eyes away from mine and I physically couldn't take mine away from his. 

Minutes passed and eventually I thought he was gonna back down, but he didn't, he expected me too, but there was no way I was giving in to Derek Hale. Then, all of a sudden, his eyes glowed, an electric blue and it sent shivers down my spine. There was something about his eyes when they glowed like that, something to do with his past, something I couldn't quite put my finger on. 

I was about to look away when I sensed something beside me, "Okay seriously you need to stop showing up in my room like this. What if my mom caught you?" hold on, how long was Scott standing there? How long were we staring into each other's eyes? 

"So what happened? Did he talk to you?" Derek inquired as I stepped aside and against the wall. That whole moment with Derek was weird, like really weird. 

"Yeah. We had a nice conversation about the weather. No, he didn't talk." Scott was sarcastic for once, great, Stiles was rubbing off on him. 

"Well, did you get anything off of him? An impression." I raised an eyebrow at Derek's question. An impression, what does that even mean?

"What do you mean?" I decided to express my unanswered question out loud.

"Remember your other senses are heightened. Communication doesn't have to be spoken. What kind of feeling did you get from him?"