Chapter 16 - Full Moon

It had been a few hours, and Sabrina's state just got worse and worse. I started to notice that she was pulling on the cuffs more and more and that the chains were loosening from the wall. If I wasn't careful, something horrific could happen to me.

My phone began to ring beside me and I checked before answering, it was Stiles. "Hey,"

"Hey," he replied, sounding just as upset as I did.

"This is so difficult," I admitted as I looked over at Sabrina, she was resting her head against the wall and crying my name, begging me to let her out. 

"Tell me about it," Stiles scoffed, I could hear Scott yelling in the background. Watching them go through this was definitely taking an effect on Stiles and I. "He kissed her,"

"Who?"

"Scott, he kissed Lydia," I sighed at this, obviously Stiles was heartbroken. He had been crushing on Lydia for years and Scott knew that. But that wasn't Scott, it was someone else, taking over his body, just like Sabrina.

"Stiles-,"

"I know, he's not himself. I can't blame him." he sighed, took a deep breath and decided to turn the conversation on me. "How's Sabrina?"

"Not good. I hate seeing her like this," 

"I know,"

"And I don't think she's gonna hold," I revealed worriedly, my breath shaky as I watched her glare at me angrily. Oh please go, stay please don't break free.

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean I think she's getting through the chains, the cuffs. She's breaking through it and I don't know what to do because this basement definitely won't hold her."

"Does anyone live by?" Stiles asked, concerned for the neighbourhood and the fact that if Sabrina got loose, she would probably kill someone. Possibly me,

"Not for miles,"

"Well, there's only one thing we can do. Hope she doesn't get out, and if she does. Hope she doesn't kill anybody." I took a sharp intake of breath and nodded, 

"Okay," then the other side went quiet and I heard Stiles move around. I caught the sound of Scott's name in the background and then Stiles came back to the phone. 

"Lexie, I have to go. Scott's gone!" 

"Wait, what?" But he had already hung up. As I looked at my phone in shock, Sabrina caught my eyes. She was snarling at me, hanging off the wall as she pressed her claws into the wall and pulled down. More scratch marks. Her eyes were glowing a deep amber and she was showing off her teeth. Teeth that could rip into my throat in an instant and kill me. 

I stood up and stepped slightly closer, making sure not to get too close. "Sabrina, it's me. It's Lexie. Okay, listen to my voice-," Before I could continue, she swiped her hand out and I flinched back. Maybe I should go upstairs, wait till this drags out. 

But I knew I didn't have time. If I ran out now, she'd get so mad that she'd be able to break through the chains. I just needed to keep her calm, but I was scared if I even brought up her dad, she'd freak again. "Sabrina, Sabrina listen to me. This isn't you, okay? You have to think about someone, think about Scott, or your mom or your dad," 

Anything I said just made her bark at me in response, so I just kept listing people, checking to see if anything would work. "How about Stiles, or me or Lydia, Allison?" I don't know why I kept listening random people that wouldn't have any meaning to her. But when I finally stumbled on a name, she repeated it back to me.