Chapter 10 - Oh, it actually is a mountain lion

Sabrina

"Hey, what is this? I have that parent teacher conference in like half an hour." I reminded Lexie, who didn't seem to care that, if I didn't show up, my mom would beat my ass.

"Yeah I get that, but you have to see this," Lexie dragged me into Stiles' room, why we had to meet here, I had no idea. 

"Sabrina, have you been able to get a hold of Scott? This is really important," Stiles asked frantically, he wasn't usually this crazy, actually forget that, he definitely was. 

"No, now can you just hurry up and tell me," Stiles and Lexie shared a glance before he handed me a phone I didn't recognise. It wasn't Lexie's or Stiles'. "Who's phone is this?"

"Does it matter? Just watch," I turned the phone on and was immediately greeted with a video. It was of the video store and then out of nowhere something smashed the glass and ran out. Oh, it definitely wasn't a mountain lion.

"Is that-?" 

"Yeah," 

"Holy-, oh my god," I rubbed my hand over my mouth as Lexie took the phone from me, "who took that?" 

"Lydia," Lexie mentioned as she sent it as a text to her own phone. Stiles stood in the middle of the room shaking his head before dialing Scott's number, no doubt for like the hundredth time. 

"Hey, it's me again. Look, we found something, and I don't know what to do, okay? So if you could turn your phone on right now, that'd be great. Or else I'll kill you. We'll kill you. Do you understand me? I'm gonna kill you. And I'm too upset to come up with a witty description about how exactly I'm gonna kill you, but I'm just gonna do it, okay? I'm gonna—ugh! Goodbye. God." Stiles threw his phone onto the bed beside me, when his dad popped his head through the door. A confused expression slowly creeping onto his face as he looked between the three of us. I guess he was surprised at the fact that Stiles, nerdy, weird Stiles had two girls hanging around his bedroom. 

 "Sabrina, Lexie," he greeted us as we just gave a small smile back, "Please tell me I'm gonna hear good news at this parent teacher thing tonight."

"Depends on how you define 'good news.'" Stiles danced around the actual question, but his dad didn't look entirely mad. 

"I define it as you getting straight A's with no behavioral issues." I placed my hand to my mouth to try stop myself from laughing because what he described was like the exact opposite of Stiles, who just sat there and shrugged.

"You might wanna rethink that definition." To be honest, Stiles got good grades, he was very intelligent. If I didn't know Lexie, he would be the smartest person I knew. But, he can be very stupid at times and his sarcastic witty comments did not help. 

"'Nuff said." the Sheriff sighed in slight disappointment before saying goodbye to us and closing the door tight behind him. 

Stiles picked his phone up again and paced the floor, "Come on, Scott. Where the hell are you?"

***

I met my mom in the school parking lot, it was the evening and we were waiting for Scott. No one had heard from him all day and I was worried he was gonna bail on the parent teacher conference, not that I cared about his school work, but because mom was gonna be pissed. And when she's pissed at him she's automatically pissed at me, no reasoning behind it, that's just how it's always been. After minutes of waiting, my mom realised that we had to go inside and do this without him. 

I sat in Harris' classroom, he was bouncing his leg up and down impatiently as my mom sat to my right and yet again left Scott an angry voicemail, "Where the hell are you? Get to the school now."