Splish spalsh Im having a heart attack

Start from the beginning

Not because he thought Peter wasn't going to live up to expectations, but because he wanted to see what Peter was capable of when on a loose leash. From the looks of it, he'd been kept on a strict school level instruction his whole life, Tony wanted to bust down that mindset into one of free rein, much like himself. Only then could he find Peter's full limit. Even now, when all the tools available have mental barriers, Peter seemed to be doing surprisingly well.

"I think all that's left is the remotes and a couple more lines of coding. Then I can train all the algorithms properly, Friday has been helping me with the programming languages, because I don't know much about those yet. Thanks for adding in most of them, I hate that part" He started his ramble off, pacing around as he fiddled with the case operations for a clean open.

"Can't give me all of the credit, most of it was Friday copy and pasting her coding in to fit yours" Tony replied, smiling fondly as Peter slid in a screw to hold together the prototype case.

"Well then, thank you Friday. I've got the camera installed already, all I've got to do is connect some wires and hook it up to my laptop-" he was cut off by Tony.

"Uh, I think the hell not, that laptop is ancient. I'm not letting you strain the poor thing anymore than your 25 dollar Minecraft game that has been assaulting it's temperature". He waved his finger sternly, already stepping away to one of Friday's hologram light boards to place an order in for one of his own laptops.

"It's 26 dollars, first of all. Second of all, no way Mr Stark! You can't buy me a whole new freaking laptop for an AI that I'm supposed to be making?? That's way too much!" He said, shocked at how quickly Tony had made his mind.

"Uh, actually, Mr. Juvenile Squirt face, I can do whatever I want with my money. Meaning I can get you whatever I want. Plus, it doesn't only have to be for your AI, you can take it home or whatever" he said, preoccupied with wether or not he wanted the newest or the one with reliable internet that he's checked.

He chose the latter.

"Nonono no way man, uh uh. No sir. I'm not taking your laptop, that's way too expensive!!" He tried to defend, setting down the AI.

Taking home the laptop would get May suspicious, and she might want it too, meaning Peter wouldn't be able to give it back if she told him to tell Tony he lost it.

"Fine, consider it a work laptop, so you can only use it here. Happy? Good. It's coming tomorrow and you're going to work on something else until then." Tony said plainly, wishing that Peter would just take the freaking laptop like any normal kid and not be so damn humble, because Tony was starting to question his own humility, which is not a very Tony thing to do.

"But-"

"I don't want to hear about your butt, why don't you finish the case and come help me build a fan? My fantastic facial hair is making it so hot in here" Tony joked, wiping his brow.

Peter sighed in defeat, a small grin across his face at the older man's suggestion, "Sure, but to be fair Mr. Stark, you're too old to be hot"

"Ouch, right in the palladium core" he faked a wince as he held a hand over his arc reactor, laughing quietly as he turned away to start a layout.

He couldn't lie, things got real sweaty when dealing with delicate parts.

Peter returned to his position on the ceiling, setting the AI's mortal suit on his stomach while he added in the rest of the sized screws and adjusted the fitting.