She squealed once again and pulled me towards the room. I laughed and grabbed my phone before leaving the room. It was 11am so almost noon. On reaching the room I peeked inside and my guess was right indeed. Both of them were sitting side by side on Veer's bed and drawing something.

"They're so adorable!" Annie sighed and placed her hand on her chest. I hummed and nodded my head. They were really adorable. "I ship these two! Just imagine when they grow up and get married! We could be sister in laws!!! Oh my god!" Annie chattered excitedly.

I chuckled and placed my arms around her shoulders. "Okay that's way too ahead! Calm down!" She turned had frowned at me. " Oh please my predictions are always right!" She said sassily flipping her hair and all. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Fine whatever!"

Much to our surprise the kids were still engrossed. I cleared my throat to catch their attention. " Hey kids! What are you both up to?" Veer whipped his head and grinned widely at me. Meera gave me a shy smile and waved her hands at Annie.

"Nea we drawing! For Vee and Arju!" I chuckled and moved towards them. Annie followed my queue. I looked at the picture. It was a picture of Viraj ,Veer and I. He had drawn stick figures and even drawn an army cap for Viraj's figure. It was adorable. My heart melted and my eyes brimmed with tears.

"Oh Veer! This is so sweet of you! I love it! Is this picture for me?" He frowned and shook his head. "No it's for Vee!" Well I am kind of jealous but I still love him so much. "Oh okay then. Is it his gift?" He nodded his head enthusiastically and pulled the picture back to color it more. I laughed and ruffled his hair.

I looked to my right and was so happy to see Meera showing Annie a picture of her flower. "That's really beautiful Meera!" It indeed was. For a 3 year old the drawing of her flower was so perfect. The intricate details was so pretty. Meera smiled shyly and Annie was once again on the verge of tears. Arjun was yet to meet Meera and I couldn't wait for that moment. The three of them together are so perfect.

I scooted towards her and rubbed her shoulders. She sniffled and smiled through her tears. She mouthed I love her. I grinned nodding my head. "Thank you Ann!" Meera chattered excitedly. The next hour was spent with these two beautiful souls. We played some games and I think the most amazing  part was to witness Meera's beautiful laughs.

In all the months that she has been with us I have never seen her this happy. This girl is going to flourish under their care. I don't think I have ever seen Annie this happy. Every now and then she would hug and kiss Meera. Veer was being his usual naughty self.

"Okay I think it's time we leave Naina! Idhu's flight may land in another hour or so. If we leave now we will reach on time!" I nodded my head. "Bye kids! I'll see you later okay. Eat your lunch on time!" I caressed both their heads. They did not look happy but we promised to spend more time with them. Annie kissed both their cheeks and we were on our way to the airport.

It was almost 1pm when her flight landed. We could see Indu walking towards us. She spotted us and waved her hands enthusiastically. "Hey there girls! I missed you both so much!" She hugged Annie first and then me. "Hey how have you been?" Idhu nodded her head and let out a gush of breath.

"Fine! I miss him! You know how it is!" Annie and I nodded our heads because we did know how it was. We loaded her bags into the trunk and drove towards the army housing society. Idhu was going to stay with Annie until Neel returned. Throughout the ride we had some great conversations.