“He was ready to hurt you.” I laughed a little bit.

“You’re his daughter it’s not shocking that he would be like what the fuck, but he wasn’t going to do anything and if he did he damn sure wasn’t going to get away with it.”

“That’s like your big homie though, aint that what y’all call it?”

“Something like that,” He chuckled. “He knows how I am though. He always taught me not to let any nigga try me and get away it so I know he didn’t think it was going to be different with him. Nobody is about to punk me.”

“That’s good to know, are you going to speak to him?”

“I have to, it’s not like I can ignore him. He is your pops.”

“True, that feels so weird to say.”

“Why?”

“I never had to deal with it before. My mother told me what she did and I just assumed that he would never be a discussion. Now he’s around and it’s just funny, not to mention the fact that Chris is my brother. That’s even weirder.”

“That’s what really threw me off, I can’t imagine that nigga having a little sister. Especially one I’m sleeping with. I guess it’s a good thing we didn’t know.”

“How?”

“I wouldn’t have ended up with you. If I knew you were related to them I would have left you alone with a quickness.”

“Why? It’s not like you’re scared of them.”

“I’m not scared of anything or anybody it’s just about respect.”

“That’s understandable I guess.”

“So when are you going to speak to your mother? You can’t avoid the shit.”

“I know, I really don’t want to see her right now. I need to let everything settle in my brain before I even approach her about it. The way my mind is set up right now I’ll end up saying things I shouldn’t say.”

“Why do you respect your mother so much? All the shit she’s said and did to you, you still want to watch what you say to her?”

“Yes, no matter what bad she’s done it’s still my mother. The fact that I have a child now I understand it better. I know I’m probably going to fuck up sometimes when it comes to King but I don’t want him to think that disrespecting me is ever going to be okay.”

“You’re completely different though.”

“Right now yes but I can’t tell the future. Who knows what might happen? I’ll be damned if the person I brought into this world is going to stand in front of my face and disrespect me like I’m a bitch off the street. I don’t want my child doing it to me so I’m not going to do it to my mother. That’s just how it is.”

“Alright do you, if you want to keep it civil with her then have fun with that. I don’t see where you get your patience from but whatever.”

“You should be thankful for my patience if I didn’t have any you would probably be dead by now.”

“Oh so you think you’re about that life?” He smirked at me.

“Well you know who my daddy is, it’s just in me.”

“I’m daddy, I’ve taught you well.”

“Sure you have Michael.” I got up off my bed laughing. “Shouldn’t you be going home now? It’s after midnight.”

“You still on that waiting shit?” He scoffed.

“I sure am, I already told you what it was. You got me way too easy last time, if you want me you have to show me.”