“So where the fuck were you before then?”

“His house, listen I would love to give you bitches all the details but I have to go. This nigga is waiting for me.”

“Tishaya if you hang this phone up I will hurt you. How the fuck are you married?”

“We went to the damn courthouse the next day and signed the fuckin’ papers. It doesn’t take that long to be honest. I really need to go Tasha, I’ll call you as soon as I get back to Miami.”

“Bitch you better I want to know everything. When are y’all coming back?”

“Wednesday, and I know you want to know everything, I got you but I gotta go. I’ll see y’all when I get back. Bye!” She laughed again before hanging up.

“They’re married? Oh my God,” Jodi and I laughed again. “I’m mad I didn’t get to see it or be a damn bridesmaid or something. You and Ty better not try any shit like that,”

“Pump your brakes, we’re not getting married. We’re just getting our shit together. Marriage is a long way from now.”

“Mhm so you say, but come on get up. We have a party to plan.”

“A party? What party?”

“We’re going to throw them a party for when they get back. The muthafuckas didn’t have a wedding they’re at least going to have a reception or something. You’re helping me do everything.”

“Kid friendly or not?”

“Yeah it’s going to be good. I’ll find out their flight information and all that.”

“How the fuck is you going to pull that off?”

“You already know how I do? I can hack into anything, I’ll find everything out.”

“Alright if you say so,” I got up off my bed and followed her downstairs to the living room. “How are you going to do this in two days?”

“We’re going to start right now; I know where we can have it.”

“Where?”’

“Here, you have a huge backyard. We’re putting that shit to good use.”

“Well sure Jodi you can use my backyard thanks for asking.” I said sarcastically making her laugh.

“My bad but come on let’s get to work.” Shaking my head I went and grabbed my laptop before going back to where she was. This girl is just too much.

….

“You’re playing right?” Michael asked me after I filled him in on what Tishaya told me over the phone.

“Nope, she said they got married. That’s some crazy shit.”

“It is, I know he said he was going to get her back but damn.”

“Why does it seem like life is just dropping bombs everywhere? Things are calm for a minute then boom, something happens.”

“Like?”

“We are a perfect example. Things go good for a few weeks then something crazy happens. I’m talking about my aunt’s party of course.”

“How do you feel about that shit anyway? I never asked you about it.”

“I can’t explain it to be honest. I mean a part of me is angry about it but at the same time I know it’s something I can get past. I really want to smack the hell out of my mother though.”

“I wouldn’t advise you to smack her but I get it. I knew he had a daughter I remember hearing him talk about it but I didn’t know who it was and I never would have guessed it was you.”